The IT Help Desk Support Specialist is responsible for analyzing and troubleshooting computer problems for employees, fulfilling new hardware, software, and peripheral requests, and assisting other IT resources in project specific support needs. The Specialist may provide assistance in person, through email, through remote support tools or over the phone. The Specialist will be required to utilize a service desk system for tracking of customer needs.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Provide first level contact and provide resolutions to customer issues
· Correctly document and maintain all request for service in a timely manner.
· Properly escalate unresolved queries to IT manager, or appropriate support channels.
· Follow-up and update customer on any outstanding issues.
· Effectively communicate with customers to diagnose and solve problems
· Recommend procedures and modifications for improvements.
· Ensure proper recording, documentation, and closure of all issues.
· Provide remote support for business operations in other locations using remote systems and tools
· Administer users, computers hardware, desktop software and other business systems and applications
· Support IT related projects as needed, among different branch locations
· Assists with complex and high-priority support issues.
· Assist in asset management for entire company.
· Other similar duties as requested
· 2-5 years of various technical support roles experience
· 2+ years’ experience working with Microsoft Windows based environment.
· 1+ years’ experience working with Microsoft Office 365 Suite and administration is a plus.
· Knowledge of Windows Server environment including on premises and cloud Active Directory.
· Able to keep a professional attitude in stressful situations.
· Able to work in a team environment with team members in remote locations.
· Excellent troubleshooting skills.
· Excellent customer service attitude.
· Networking principles knowledge of TCP, DHCP, and DNS.
· Previous experience with Google Suite environment is a plus.
· Prior direct, phone and remote IT help desk support in a professional environment is required.
· Good people skills and team player, with ability to interact with colleagues at all levels throughout the Company
About J5 Infrastructure Partners
J5 Infrastructure Partners is a telecommunications infrastructure service company that performs site acquisition, leasing, permitting, zoning, structural engineering, utility coordination and equipment installation services directly to all four of the top wireless carriers in the U.S. as well as tower and other infrastructure owners and state and local governments.
J5 is focused on two important themes - serving clients flawlessly and supporting employees so that they can be successful. We believe that people and their ability to deliver value through their expertise, commitment and customer service is what sets us apart in the marketplace. We value each employee and as such, believe that our employee’s well-being, job satisfaction and development is a high priority.
J5 Infrastructure Partners is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Role: IT Help Desk Support Specialist
Apply for this job now.