HVEA Engineers isseeking NICET Certified Construction Inspectors (all levels) with highway/bridge construction experience to perform construction inspection in various locations - NYS DOT Region 8.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Coordinate and perform construction related on-site inspection activities.
- Review the performance of inspections completed by subconsultants/others when needed.
- Interpret construction drawings and specifications on construction projects. Communicate with clients, contractors, supervisors, and other inspectors regarding specifications and qualification test results and site progress. Maintain field notes and related documentation.
- Prepare daily reports including description of contractor work activities, labor and equipment identification and quantity, and perform various measurements for payment.
- Gather data and measurements to be used in the completion of checklists and quality assurance of various construction activities.
- Review Maintenance and Protection of Traffic; ensure safe working environment for workers and traveling public is provided by the contractor.
- Recommend approval of the work inspected (in compliance with the Contract Plans and Specifications).
- Advise contractors of violations and recommending adjustments to operations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
Experience with APPIA or CEES software.
Experience with NYSDOT Site Manager software a plus.
- Ability to read plans and specifications, complete daily work reports.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Physical Requirements of this position include:
The position requires the employee to work in potentially dangerous surroundings, sometimes in inclement weather conditions including rain. They must have the ability to lift to 50 pounds, walk and stand for extended periods of time.
This position may require the regular operation of a motor-vehicle, which may require remaining stationary for extended periods of time.
We offer competitive salaries, and a wide range of benefits, including:
- Paid time off.
- Eleven Company paid holidays.
- 401K retirement plan.
Please send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to #removed#
HVEA is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
HVEA Engineers is a growing regional transportation engineering firm focused on Design, Construction Inspection, and Materials Testing on civil and transportation projects in the Hudson Valley and New York Metropolitan area. Our success is fueled by a team of highly skilled, motivated professionals who are committed to providing superior service to our clients. HVEA provides a range of services including design and construction inspection of transportation infrastructure, consulting and construction materials testing services.
Role: Construction Inspector
Apply for this job now.