Heartland Payroll, a division of Global Payments, delivers the industry’s most comprehensive packages of reliable, value-added payroll and human resource solutions to thousands of small to mid-sized companies nationwide. We are currently offering an excellent opportunity to join a fast-growing, customer service driven company that is revolutionizing payroll services.
In this position, you will join a team of rock star professionals who are responsible for ensuring every client interaction is a world class experience. This is a fast-paced, challenging, fun and supportive environment with an extensive on-the-job training program. Heartland offers a competitive compensation and benefits package with significant growth potential for client focused individuals.
- Maintains an assigned base of payroll clients with various pay weekly, bi-weekly, semi-monthly, and monthly pay frequencies
- Provides exceptional customer service support and resolves client issues and concerns timely
- Effectively manage critical relationships between all channels to improve client retention
- Competent in describing the various reports and products available via software to clients
- Collaborate with other divisions/departments as first point of contact to filter and convey relevant information to client regarding compliance or miscellaneous initiatives
- Establishes and maintains a positive working relationship with clients focused on partnership and common objectives
- Proficient at client situation de-escalation and appropriately identify possible Payroll Supervisor engagement
- Begin learning how to troubleshoot and problem solve situations that arise
- Ability to learn and maintain a working knowledge of the Payroll Software
- Interacts with client base via telephone, fax, and/or e-mail to obtain payroll data including hours worked, salary adjustments, special payments and employee deductions
- Accurately keys all payroll related data necessary to process client payrolls timely by deadline
- Facilitate, collaborate and coordinate with all departments for seamless and worry free processing to maintain positive client experiences
- Basic understanding of ancillary product setup
- Work effectively as part of a team for the greater good of the business, with a strong sense of urgency, punctuality and reliability to meet internal and external targeted goals daily
- Attend training department classes for new hire training (30, 60, 90-day plan) and ongoing payroll training throughout the year.
- Initial exposure to usage of WIKI library and all related resources and documents
- Other administrative and clerical tasks as assigned or requested
- Work ethic inspired by integrity, accountability, responsibility, commitment and peer respect
- Detail oriented, with ability to focus on and comprehend numerical and financial data
- Customer-service oriented, excellent phone and email etiquette required
- Ability to work under time constraints and maintain daily schedules to ensure client’s payroll needs are met
- Excellent Analytical and Problem-Solving skills
- Ability to multi task; simultaneously interacting with clients as well as internal customers and associates
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Comfortable in Windows PC environment with accurate data entry/keyboarding skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Articulate, able to communicate professionally and confidently in both verbal and email conversations
SERVICE. DRIVEN. COMMERCE Heartland Payment Systems is a Global Payments company. Global Payments Inc. (NYSE: GPN) is a leading worldwide provider of payment technology services that delivers innovative solutions driven by customer needs globally. Our technologies, partnerships and employee expertise enable us to provide a broad range of products and services that allow our customers to accept all payment types across a variety of distribution channels in many markets around the world. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia with more than 8,500 employees worldwide, Global Payments is a member of the S&P 500 with merchants and partners in 29 countries throughout North America, Europe, the Asia-Pacific region and Brazil.
Role: Payroll Specialist
Location: Brook Park,
Apply for this job now.