Senior Systems Engineer - Linux / Windows / PoweShell/ AWS / VMware / Kubernetes
Location: Post Covid-19 the role will be based from Central London
Salary - to £108,000 plus 10% bonus potential and benefits
Do you have a broad range of systems infrastructure and general purpose programming skills? Want to work for a world-renowned company who are deeply committed to creativity, innovation and efficiency.
Sentinel are working with a prestigious client in its industry, a business that are continually evolving, fast-paced and provide numerous career opportunities.
Skills & Experience:
We are looking for someone that has a strong mix of the following skills and experience:
- Minimum of 8 years of industry experience, preferably working in a similar role
- Authoritative with both Windows and Linux (Debian variants preferred), including installing, configuring and problem solving issues
- Experience designing, building, and managing virtualized and containerized environments (e.g., VMware, Nutanix, Kubernetes)
- Practical networking experience (4 layer model, TCP/IP) including diagnosing, and remediating basic network issues (e.g., firewalls)
- Demonstrable ability to write and debug automation tools and scripts (e.g., PowerShell, shell scripts, Python)
- Experience building and managing configuration management solutions (e.g., Puppet, Ansible, etc)
- Cloud experience, preferably in AWS
- Experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks (e.g., Tomcat, Apache/NGINX/IIS, databases, etc)
- Experience with software development principles, including version control systems, Agile development methodologies, and automated CI/CD pipelines
As the Senior Systems Engineer you'll report directly to Head of Systems Engineering and be responsible for:
- Lead in the design of information and operational support systems.
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software, system management tools, and hardware, virtualization, and storage related systems
- Maintain security, backup, offsite replication, and general DR strategies
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time of any task
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of availability for all systems
- Monitor and resolve alerting issues for all infrastructure systems
- Monitor and test system performance for potential bottlenecks, and collaborate to drive solutions and implement changes
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support for team related assets and domains
Linux / Windows / PoweShell/ AWS / VMware / Kubernetes
Your application with Sentinel
Sentinel is an award-winning technology recruitment and consulting company with offices in the UK, Czech Republic, and Switzerland. We work with global brands, ambitious start-ups, and leading recruitment outsourcers, ensuring access to exceptional talent through permanent, contingent labour, and statement of work services.
Get in touch today for new opportunities, or guidance on sourcing strategies, salary and rate benchmarking.
We aspire to provide great service to all applicants. If we think you're right for the role, we'll be in touch as soon as possible. If not, we'll keep you updated with other opportunities in your field.
To apply for this role or more information, please apply with your up to date CV below or email #removed#