HR, Human Resources, HR Coordinator, HR Assistant, HR Advisor, Apprenticeship Coordinator, Apprenticeship Assistant, Apprenticeship Team Leader, Engineering, Manufacturing, Production, Education, RoTAP, ESFA, Position: Permanent, Location: Nottingham, Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Apprenticeship / HR Coordinator - Nottingham, Permanent
EMBS Engineering is working in partnership with one of our most prestigious engineering clients who are market leaders in manufacturing precision, complex components for a number of lucrative industries.
2020 has in fact been the best year to date for my client (even with COVID-19), smashing records and continued investment in both their people and equipment, therefore, it is a fantastic time to join!
As such, they are seeking a HR / Apprenticeship Coordinator to join the company on a permanent basis and sit within the existing HR Team. You will be reporting to the HR Manager and your role will predominantly revolve around supporting their very own Apprenticeship Centre.
In 2019, they showed again why they are one of the top engineering SME's to work for as they invested heavily into developing the next generation of engineers, to support the businesses growth trajectories but also to give back to the local community within Nottinghamshire. 12 months on and 6 apprentices later, they are in full swing and require a dedicated individual to mentor and support this very important business function.
Therefore they are looking to attract either an accomplished coordinator with proven experience within a Dept of Education environment OR a HR Professional who has had previous experience of working within a manufacturing / engineering environment that had apprentices and would like to evolve and learn more about the legislation and processes surrounding this particular topic.
Job responsibilities and purpose:
The successful individual will be required to coordinate the day to day delivery of apprenticeships within the business. Our client currently provides a focused Level 3 Engineering Technician curriculum in addition to a small selection of other Engineering & Lean Standards to fuel their own pipeline of future talent.
The journey from induction to successful achievement of the apprenticeship will be coordinated by the Apprenticeship Coordinator who will in turn assist the HR Manager with critical administrative tasks to support the overall shared service team.
As the business currently only has a small team of apprentices, an important aspect of the role is to ensure that all apprentice data is managed effectively to enable the service expand and develop.
You will be working closely with various stakeholders across the business in the delivery of apprenticeships, therefore, it will be important to encourage good working relationships across all teams.
Essential Candidate requirements:
- Previous experience working as a Coordinator (or similar role) within a Dept of Education environment focused on Apprenticeships OR Hold a HR background, having worked within a precision engineering / manufacturing environment, which enlisted apprentices is essential
- Strong communication skills with the ability to build a rapport quickly with all levels (apprentices through to directors through to customers)
- Working knowledge of RoTAP, ESDA, Leaner Records Services and associated Department of Education apprenticeship procedures
- Relish a challenge and be enthusiastic to develop an amazing platform for Apprenticeships
- Possess a can do attitude and have the ability to demonstrate a methodical approach to work combined with good problem solving skills
- Strong eye for detail along with the ability to manag