Reports to the OA/CTS Manager (Outreach, Admissions and Career Transition Services Manager). Provides clerical support to management through conducting and organizing administrative duties and activities, including receiving and handling information as it pertains to the OA/CTS Manager and department. Demonstrates ongoing commitment to preparing young people for the workforce by modeling, mentoring and monitoring excellence in Career Success Standards (CSS).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates and abides by ODLE Management Core Values and operating principles.
- Perform secretarial duties including preparation, typing and management of correspondence, special reports and documents on desktop computer.
- Maintain appointment calendar and schedule appointments.
- Organize and coordinate meetings, take notes, type and distribute as necessary.
- Compose and prepare routine correspondence for signature.
- Act as liaison between OA/CTS Manager and other departmental or Center staff.
- Independently prepares recurring reports for review and signature.
- Sends and retrieves messages via email.
- Faxes and retrieves incoming messages on a regular basis.
- Performs system backup procedures on a the computer.
- Receive and handle incoming U.S. mail and handle outgoing mail, and maintain follow up dates for action items.
- Assists the Manager and/or Project Director with preparations and arrangements for special events.
- Establishes and maintains confidential files and records.
- Proofreads and corrects grammatical, punctuation and spelling errors.
- Answers telephones and directs calls to the appropriate person. May handle routine calls if knowledgeable on subject.
- Orders necessary office supplies and equipment.
- Operates office machines and instructs others in the operation of same.
- Assists in the training of new clerical staff.
- Attends in-service training sessions.
- Cultivates and maintains a climate in the office and/or on center that is free of harassment, intimidation and disrespect to provide a safe place for staff and students to work and learn.
- Clearly communicates and consistently models appropriate CSS and employability skills, including personal responsibility and computer fluency.
- Maintains accountability of staff, students, and property, and adheres to safety practices in all areas of responsibility.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements.
- High School graduate; prefer 2-year business college degree.
- Three plus years of practical experience.
- Ability to accurately type at least 45 wpm.
- Valid Driver's License in state of employment with an acceptable driving record.
- Ability to perform administrative duties without immediate and constant supervision.
- Proficient in operating a personal computer.
- Working knowledge of software applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
- Thorough knowledge of office procedures.
- Good organizational skills and sound telephone techniques.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with the public and government officials.
Odle Management is an Affirmative Action and an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Odle Management Group is a seasoned workforce development provider, specializing in youth services under the United States Department of Labor, Office of Job Corps. As a minority, woman-owned small business, Odle Management offers a broad range of workforce development services, including employment training and community partnership-building.
Odle Management operates Job Corps Centers and Outreach, Admissions and Career Transition Services (placement services) throughout the United States, contracted through the United States Department of Labor.
We are a recognized leader in the fields of education and training, outreach and enrollment and placement services by providing current, relevant and innovative approaches towards ongoing growth and development of youth.
ODLE Management is an Equal Opportunity, Drug Free Workplace and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran, military status or any other status protected by state or local law.
Role: Administrative Assistant
Apply for this job now.