- The purpose of this position is to direct the day-to-day operations of the plasma collection center.
- Ensure the performance of all center activities in conjunction with the SOP and regulatory guidelines.
- Review test results and ensure proper action is taken for abnormal and reactive results including removal from inventory, computer entry, completion of Look Back Notification/BPDR, and donor counseling.
- Maintains compliance with EU, FDA, state, local and company-specific regulations related to employee and donor safety, and unit suitability.
- Ensures that plasma shipments and sample submissions are accurate and performed in accordance with shipping scheduled.
- Ensures that required temperature ranges are maintained and intervene when required to ensure suitability of product as required, including responding to freezer alarms.
- Maintains a professional and courteous relationship with donors and works to maximize donor retention and production growth.
- Assists the Center Manager to ensure projected production budget is met.
- Maintains accurate inventory of supplies and goods.
- Performs self-audits of center logs and procedures and work closely with QA and Training staff to effectively resolve any issues noted.
- Completes and monitors payroll records to ensure employee hours are used efficiently.
- Monitors all marketing and advertising activities and works with corporate marketing department to maximize the success of advertising and marketing campaigns.
- Manages departmental employees including training, performance evaluation, career development, compensation administration and progressive discipline as needed according to company policies and procedures.
- Ensures adherence to all HR policies and procedures through fair and equitable treatment of all employees.
- Ensures adequate, trained staff coverage for all operating hours.
- Responds to and resolves complex equipment alarms or donor issues related to processing donors.
- Demonstrates good decision-making ability, effective reinforcement, supervisory responsibility, and customer service.
- Other job-related responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Life Sciences or related field.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in life sciences industry, preferably in a regulated environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Certification as a Sr. Medical Reception Technician, Phlebotomist, Sr. Processing Technician, and Designated Trainer or ability to obtain certification within 6 months of acquiring the position.
- Occasionally required to travel overnight.
- Frequently required to perform work while standing or walking.
- Occasionally required to push/pull/lift 30 lbs.
- Frequently exposed to bloodborne pathogens and may be required to wear personal protective equipment.
- Required to communicate and interact with employees and vendors.
- May be required to work flexible work schedule, including weekends and holidays.
- 401(k) with company match
- Advancement potential
- Relocation opportunities
- Make a difference – we save lives!
Job Type: Full-time
Part of UK-based Bio Products Laboratory, BPL Plasma has been a global leader in the plasma collection industry for more than 25 years. We’re proud to support the creation & manufacturing of lifesaving drug therapies by supplying high-quality plasma to people in need.
At BPL Plasma, the people who walk into our centers are much more than donors — they are lifelines. Their donation, quite literally, transforms the lives of patients around the planet.
Donating plasma makes it possible for:
An expectant mother to carry her child safely to term.
A little boy with hemophilia to experience a healthy, happy childhood.
A wounded warrior or burn victim to begin the healing process.
Role: Assistant Center Manager
Location: Commerce City,
Apply for this job now.