Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £20,000 - £29,999, £30,000 - £39,999, £40,000 - £49,999, £50,000 - £59,999
Aviva UK are now looking for a Software Engineer to join our development team. This role sits within the Unisure platform team, part of Group Protection Pensions and Investments (GPPI) within IT Platforms. The role will involve joining our development team to work on various project deliveries via .Net, SQL server, Jenkins, APIs and AWS. This will be as part of a delivery team working with either Scrum or Kanban to focus on change that will support our digital aspirations to enable growth on our platforms - providing plenty of technical challenges in a sophisticated environment whilst providing an opportunity to learn new skills and technologies as we are working on many wonderful projects right now.
The current team is a mix of developers, DevOps, etc. predominately based in Norwich, Sheffield and some offshore. The role holder can be based anywhere provided they are comfortable getting to our Norwich office regularly. The role's duties & responsibilities:
The position will involve the crafting and successful delivery of features in agreement with the Product owner through to production. It will also involve the delivery of improvements to the platform by code refactoring, removing legacy and growth of test automation including Continuous Integration.
There will also be responsibilities of helping our Change Leads with application development across the technology stack. There will be project dependent tasks, with API development, database maintenance, and some ad hoc activities as our teams evolve. Skills & experiences required:
What will you get for this role?
- Commercial experience with .Net development, C#, Visual studio IDE
- Ability to write SQL queries, stored procedures and working with SSMS / SQL server
- Proven knowledge of technical platforms, software engineering practices and delivery approaches such as Kanban/Scrum
- Knowledge of modern development processes, standards and associated techniques including Test Driven Development, Behaviour Driven Development and Continuous Integration
- Experience with Web API, PowerShell and WCF development would be good to see
- Good to have fundamental AWS knowledge and code management via GIT/Stash
- Would be nice to see an understanding of Jenkins and the use of automation processes
- Proactive, team-based attitude coupled with communication skills to enable effective interaction and the confidence to propose innovative solutions or alternative approaches
Working at Aviva
- A salary up to £30,000 to £40,000 depending on location, skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- A nnual performance related bonus and pay review
- H oliday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
At Aviva, we're people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always 'Care More'. It's our thing. We're all about our people - that's you - so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we're very open to that. In fact, we don't advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it's up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you. We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job
. Just send us an email
once you've applied stating that you have a disclosed disability
, and we'll make sure we interview you.
We'd love it if you could submit your application online
. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Daniel Hopchet a call on 0121 234 7625 or send an email to #removed# .
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010
*. By 'minimum criteria'
we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.
Role: Software Engineer
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Location: Norwich, England, England
Apply for this job now.