Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £20,000 - £29,999, £30,000 - £39,999, £40,000 - £49,999, £50,000 - £59,999
The Director, Technology Effectiveness, Infrastructure as a Service role articulates and drives software driven data centre technology and tools adoption across operation teams
The Director, Technology Effectiveness, Infrastructure as a Service identifies technology opportunities, enabling faster time to market and lower cost to operate to provide an Infrastructure as a Service through adoption of tools, shared services, and automation supporting the hybrid cloud and the Data Centre.This person will be responsible in helping to drive and implement the operational efficiency as set by the senior Technology leadership team.
The successful candidate will manage the engagement with the product, product engineering, Vendors, the reliability Engineering and service management teams to remove process and technology blockers, and deliver efficiency gain. This person will ensure rollout of knowledge processes and standards to support our application in the hybrid cloud and the transition plan that support it.
Key focus areas:
Drive operational simplification, service improvement and cost effectiveness through adoption and rollout of cloud related technology and tools.
- Drive selection and adoption of relevant opportunities through business cases
- Drive strong technology execution governance across the teams to enable the transformation
- Ensure that we have the talent, knowledge and skills to optimize performance following industry best practices
- Coordinate with the development teams, architecture committee, implementation architecture, design teams, the consistent definition of a target state with supporting architecture, design, tools and practices
- Articulate business cases for selected technology transformation delivering the expected business outcomes
- Ensure ownerships of technical and service boundaries are defined and tracked between groups: development, network, storage, platform, data center, applications accounting for their evolution as we transform our technology usage and practices
- Ensure definition and alignment of enterprise support process and service SLA are met through proper design, implementation matching vendor services
- Ensure service SLA are met through proper design, implementation
- Ensure outcome and service transitions are delivered in time. Define and enable relevant technology performance metrics and attributes
- Ensure technology and application dependencies are continuously reviewed and discovered to enable appropriate program management decisions
- Ensure that all service governance activities are carried out in accordance with Technical Policy
- Ensure definition and rollout of financial and service governance to support live services.
We care about benefits too.
- Previous experience of architecting and designing business critical services in a large-scale technology environment involving multiples systems and operating teams
- Previous experience with private cloud, automation and associated tooling in an operational environment
- Leadership skills and cultural awareness
- Able to manage expectations, build relationships and gain trust with business and technology senior and executive leadership teams
- A blend of architecture, development and operations technology skills supported by an understanding of agile and ITIL process
- Has an ability to understand commercial, technological and service drivers in order to drive execution priorities
- Has an ability to balance his personal focus and the organization outcome between immediate service priorities, service and automation improvement and strategic transformation
- Has a drive for continuous improvement and can manage change and transformation effectively
- Has experience of vendor interactions in a pre and post contract context.
- Understanding of DevOps practices
- Experience with Security related aspects for virtual or cloud environments.
- Has experience and understanding of traditional infrastructures, virtualized and cloud environment and the associated implication for applications and processes.
We support our colleagues' wellbeing with inclusive benefits. So that's support for physical, financial, mental and environmental health, paid time off to volunteer, consumer discounts & savings and so much more. All of which are tailored to your needs and may vary by location. For more details talk to your recruiter.
Our fast paced and supportive environment is only possible due to determined, autonomous problem solvers who love our high performance culture. And as a global business, Refinitiv relies on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. So we seek hardworking, qualified employees in all our operations around the world-regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Refinitiv is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Refinitiv makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If an accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact us to request an accommodation. A full list of our office locations and contact information can be found at: Refinitiv Office Locations .
Be the breakthrough, activate your future and shape ours.
Role: Director, Technology Effectiveness, IaaS
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Location: Nottingham, England, England
Apply for this job now.