As Staffordshire's leading healthcare agency we are looking for experienced Children's Support Workers or experienced Adult Support Workers looking for a new challenge, to join our team to work with one of our clients in a small residential children's home in Leek, Staffordshire. These temp roles could go permanent if you find you thrive in the home. We are looking for committed, flexible staff who we can mentor and ensure you have work in the homes that best suit you.
The home provides 24hr care and you would be required to mentor the young people with their day to day activities. Our client is dedicated to ensuring the young people are well safeguarded, so you would require a thorough understanding of safeguarding requirements and be focused on the welfare of the young people. In addition as a Children's Support Worker you will recognise and develop the potential of the young people. You will ensure that all areas of care and education in the lives of the young people are met to the highest standard. The young people have both physical and learning disabilities
To be suitable for this role as a Chilren's Support Worker you will need to have:
- At least 6 months experience working with children and young people, or adults in a similar role
- Previous experience with challenging behaviour and or intervention training.
- An enhanced DBS ideally overing Children and Young People - ideally with the update service
- A passion to deliver great care to motivate and ensure the young people thrive in their personal lives and also in their education
- Good spoken English
- A minimum of 3 year work history so references can be supplied.
Hours of Work:
12 hour shifts - days or waking nights 8-8 shift patterns
In return you will receive:
- Weekly pay direct into your bank account each Friday following the week you worked
- 28 days annual leave pro rota. You accrue this based on the hours you have worked at 12% of your pay rate
- Access to your rotas and payslips on line. This gives all the detail for the home you are working at for each shift including address, telephone number so you will always be in the know!
- Confirmation of all shifts you have accepted via SMS so if you have forgotten you only have to look at your phone
- Mentoring from the office to ensure you thrive in your role
- Induction - at the start of your first shift at a new home - yes, including fire procedures!
We are keen to hear from you if you have recent experience as a Children's Support Worker or Support Worker in the Adult Learning Disabilities sector willing to receive training to use your transferable skills based in Leek or any of the surrounding areas such as Stoke, Macclesfield, Biddulph or Blythe Bridge.
We are always looking for experienced carers with a passion for care to join our team. If this interests you, please send a copy of your CV to us or ring us today for a chat.