Are you looking for a place where you can make a genuine difference in our patient's lives?
With 30 locations and growing, Gateway Home Health & Hospice's culture of love for our patients and employees is the top priority. Our commitment to our Core Values allows us to be the provider and employer of choice. We embrace a diverse workforce and understand that our employees are key to providing quality care and our most important resource.
Join us today and grow with us!
The registered nurse plans, organizes and directs home care services and is experienced in nursing, with emphasis on community health education/experience. The professional nurse builds from the resources of the community to plan and direct services to meet the needs of individuals and families within their homes and communities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Completes an initial assessment of patient and family to determine home care needs. Provides a complete physical assessment and history of current and previous illness(es).
2. Regularly re-evaluates patient nursing needs.
3. Initiates the plan of care and makes necessary revisions as patient status and needs change.
4. Uses health assessment data to determine nursing diagnosis.
5. Develops a care plan, which establishes goals based on nursing diagnosis and incorporates therapeutic, preventive, and rehabilitative nursing actions. Includes the patient and the family in the planning process.
6. Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures. Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician. Provides direct patient care as defined in the State Nurse Practice Act.
7. Counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related needs.
8. Provides health care instructions to the patient as appropriate per assessment and plan of care. Behavioral Nurse November 16, 2020
9. Identifies discharge planning needs as part of the care plan development and implements prior to discharge of the patient.
10. Acts as Case Manager when assigned by Clinical Supervisor and assumes responsibility to coordinate patient care for assigned caseload.
1. Prepares clinical notes and updates the primary physician when necessary and at least every 60 days.
2. Communicates with the physician regarding the patient's needs and reports any changes in the patient's condition obtains/receives physician's orders as required.
3. Communicates with community health related persons to coordinate the care plan.
1. Participates in on-call duties as defined by the on-call policy.
2. Ensures that arrangements for equipment and other necessary items and services are available.
3. Instructs, supervises and evaluates home health aide care provided every two (2) weeks.
4. Responsible for oversight of home health aides.
The above statements are the only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbent(s) of this job. The incumbent(s) may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those stated in the description.
1. Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. One (1) to two (2) years of recent acute care experience in an institutional setting.
2. Must hold and maintain a Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing Certification (RN-BC).
3. Current licensure in State and CPR certification.
4. Bachelor's degree, with one (1) year of home health care experience preferred.
5. Excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, basic math skills; nursing skills per competency checklist.
6. Prolonged or considerable walking or standing. Able to lift, position or transfer patients. Able to lift supplies and equipment. Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling or crouching. Visual acuity and hearing to perform required nursing skills. Behavioral Nurse November 16, 2020
7. Licensed driver with automobile that is in good working order and insured in accordance with the organization and state requirements.
Here at Gateway Home Health and Hospice, we are committed to our employees and their well-being. Benefits Include:
- Competitive compensation
- You may be eligible for our fleet car program coming in 2021
- Dynamic, fun, team-oriented work environment
- Countless growth and development opportunities
- Flexible Schedules
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Company Paid Life insurance
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Days
- Employee Assistance Program
- Compensation Range: $80,000-$106,000
And so much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.”