Geoenvironmental Consultant, £30,000 per annum
Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week
Environmental company based in Cambridge
Our client offers a wide range of environmental and engineering services including geoenvironmental, geotechnical, ecology, arboriculture, forestry, waste and flood risk. Based from our offices near Cambridge, they serve the east and Southeast of England, the East Midlands and London.
- To provide technical services to clients on the management of contaminated land / geotechnical projects.
- The position is an all encompassing role focused on being the primary technical liaison for clients with support from senior staff and will regularly be out on site undertaking site walkovers, site investigations, monitoring and supervising remediation.
- Principal work packages will include Desk Studies, Site Investigations, Remediation, Remediation Verification and Validation, Support in the safe and technically accurate running of all geoenvironmental / geotechnical works.
- Regulator and client liaison on technical and programme issues
- Site works, including managing subcontractors, soil sampling and monitoring
- Developing environmental standard systems and procedures.
- Our client operates flexible working whereby office work can be done either at home or in their office in near Cambridge
- Your site work focus will be in the East and Southeast of England, working with members of the team.
- A BSc/MSc, in Geology or Geoenvironmental related discipline.
- 2+ years industry experience of geoenvironmental/geotechnical projects.
- Technical capability to plan, manage and undertake all Site Engineer roles associated with a contaminated land site investigation, including soil logging, sampling and monitoring.
- Has an understanding of the Contaminated Land regime in England.
- Is willing to travel to meet the business need (most jobs are anticipated within the East, Southeast and London).
If you would like to apply for this role, email your CV to #removed# outlining your suitability for the role