RESTORING MORE THAN PROPERTY
Flooding. Fires. Windstorms. Hundreds of thousands of clients rely on BELFOR Property Restoration each year to rebuild their lives, homes, and businesses. We're Restoring More Than Property.
With BELFOR specialists in every major metropolitan area in the USA ready to respond 24/7/365, we provide the fastest, highest quality service that's unmatched in the industry.
The right response team can mean the difference between recovery and total loss. In the midst of chaos, you need an experienced company with a proven track record and solid relationships with leading insurance providers.
BELFOR is looking for qualified candidates for the following position. BELFOR team members are a unique breed, committed to restoring not only property, but restoring lives for those affected by disasters, large or small.
- Supervision of unskilled labor, Basic and Intermediate Level BELFOR employees, and the occasional sub-contractor in any residential, commercial, multi-family, industrial and institutional setting as well as High Risk/High exposure or complex projects
- Answer simple questions about the project and when to defer questions to more qualified personnel
- Maintaining equipment used in daily tasks
- Perform emergency services as needed - - IE Board Ups, securing building against further damage
- Additional other duties as required
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- Basic Math principles, ie dividing fractions and how to calculate square feet
- Must be able to perform all functions and meet all qualification for the Carpenter Basic and Carpenter Intermediate Job Descriptions
- Must be able to calculate material needs for projects including; staircases, framing needs and sheathing needs with minimal waste
- Must be able to accurately read blueprints of all trades; electrical, plumbing, HVAC Masonry
- Must be able to recite code for wall framing, energy for walls and ceiling, fire rating codes for commercial and multi-family units
- Must have 18 months of Intermediate Level Carpentry experience, minimum 6 months of the 18 months required to BELFOR experience
- Demonstrated ability to use carpentry tools and use and size temporary power sources
- Mastery knowledge of nominal lumber, sheathing their sized and practical applications
- Must be skilled at Insulation installation, Wood and Metal Framing, Finish Carpentry, Roofing applications, and Exterior Siding, Windows and Sealing the Building Envelope.
- Must be able to safely transport, set up, and work on a ladder over 25' off the ground, as well as teaching other in the proper use of ladders
- Must be able to safely set up and work on scaffolding over 25' off the ground with fall protection, as well as teaching others in the proper use of scaffolding/fall protection *Note -- all scaffolding must be inspected by "competent person" prior to using.
- Must be certified to operate a Hi-Lo fork lift, Scissor Life and Articulating Boom
- Eligible to operate a motor vehicle per BELFOR's vehicle policy
- Possess sense of urgency, professional demeanor, positive attitude, and strong work ethic
- English language literacy and fluency
- Frequent lifting in excess of 50 lbs
- Occasional lifting from 41 lbs +, assisted (up to 50% of the time)
- Access and mobility in tight spaces
- Sustained periods of standing, sitting, walking, bending, and kneeling
- Ability to use mobile devices for collection of data and time.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is responsible to provide operational support in reconstruction efforts for clients. Qualified Candidates will oversee multiple projects and they are key trainers of lesser skilled carpenters. They are excellent CAT Team members for large scale commercial reconstruction projects. Advanced carpenters are fully knowledgeable of all applicable equipment and tools, and installation of commercial construction materials. They are experienced with commercial, industrial, and institutional construction practices, knowledgeable in shrink wrapping including scoping and leading installation. Advanced carpenters may be candidates for the Estimator Track or the Project Manager Track. This position is the level 4 in the Progressive Carpenter track.
- Recognize potential problems with the project and timely request additional guidance and assistance
- Training of Carpenter Basic and Carpenter Intermediate level team members in all facets of their job descriptions
- Answer most questions regarding the project and direct more specific or complicated questions to the appropriate resource
- Construct appropriate containment for construction dust, dirt and airborne contaminant in working area
- Construction of Metal Framed Walls, Acoustical Ceilings, Repair and Replace roofing as required
- Using appropriate tools and accepted BELFOR methods, perform tasks related to flood cutting, salvaging and labeling baseboards, cabinets, doors, etc.
- Develop ability to identify the different types of insulation, their thickness and their respective R-value
- Apply learned skills and materials knowledge relative to Trim, Doors, Cabinetry, Insulation, Rough Framing, acoustical Ceilings, Roofing materials, and Exterior Siding to daily tasks
- Perform Daily vehicle safety and maintenance inspections and maintain in clean serviceable condition
- Must maintain attention to detail
- Will be required to meet BELFOR Standards in safeguarding other people's property
- Must have a comprehensive understanding of customer service, principles and practices
- Work under time constraints to meet specific timelines
- Will be required to work nights and weekends as requested ands?? travel periodically
- Report time worked and equipment and consumables used timely and accurately
- Attend BELFOR sponsored operations and safety training courses as
BELFOR Property Restoration is the North American leader in integrated disaster recovery and property restoration services. With more than 100 full-service offices in the U.S., we are geographically positioned to respond to almost any disaster - large or small - coast to coast. A proven track record of superior response and unmatched resources has made BELFOR the contractor of choice for damages caused by fire, water, wind or other catastrophes.
Role: Carpenter Advanced
Apply for this job now.