Sanford Federal Inc. (SANFORD) headquartered in Stafford, VA., is a Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business that provides federal professional services, primarily engaged in providing advanced information technology, cyber security, management systems support, as well as business and infrastructure management services.
We are among the most innovative, respected, and ethical providers of technology solutions to the United States government. Our mission is to provide superior-quality, innovative, information technology solutions that help federal agencies best aid, serve, and protect the American people.
Job Title: Ophthalmology Retina Physician
Based at: San Jose, CA.
JobSummary:Sanford Federal, Inc. is looking for a knowledgeable Ophthalmologist to be responsible for repairing traumatic eye injuries, diagnosing eye ailments, and prescribing medications. The ophthalmologist's responsibilities range from simple duties, such as prescribing corrective lenses, to performing highly advanced duties, such as keyhole or laser surgery. To be a successful ophthalmologist, you should be willing to maintain up-to-date knowledge of the diseases, functions, and anatomy of the eye. You should be meticulous, analytical, and have very steady hands.
Requirements:The Candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Licenses and Certifications:
- A current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine in any State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States or the District of Columbia.
- Board Certified /Board Eligible by the American Board of Ophthalmology (ABO).
- A current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- A current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification.
- A current Continuing Medical Education (CME).
- OIG Certification.
- Nation Provider Identifier (NPI)
- A current DEA certificate.
- Current and previous experience in providing medical Ophthalmology (Retina) services.
- Physician must have been practicing medical Retina ophthalmic care within the last 12 months.
- The ability to speak, understand, read and write English fluently.
- Tuberculosis Testing.
- Measle, Mumps and Rubella Testing.
- OSHA Regulation concerning occupational exposure to Bloodborne Pathogens.
- Must include three (3) references (name, address, capacity, telephone) in the resume, including the current or last supervisor.
Duties: The Ophthalmology Retina Physician will undertake the following duties and responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Perform comprehensive examinations of the visual system to determine the nature or extent of ocular disorders.
- Test patient vision.
- Perform ophthalmic surgeries such as cataract, glaucoma, refractive, corneal, vitro-retinal, eye muscle, and oculoplastic surgeries.
- Operate on patients to treat conditions.
- Diagnose or treat injuries, disorders, or diseases of the eye and eye structures including the cornea, sclera, conjunctiva, or eyelids.
- Diagnose medical conditions.
- Treat chronic diseases or disorders.
- Document or evaluate patients' medical histories.
- Record patient medical histories.
- Provide or direct the provision of postoperative care.
- Monitor patients following surgeries or other treatments.
- Perform, order, or interpret the results of diagnostic or clinical tests.
- Analyze test data or images to inform diagnosis or treatment.
- Order medical diagnostic or clinical tests.
- Develop treatment plans based on patients' histories and goals, the nature and severity of disorders, and treatment risks and benefits.
- Develop medical treatment plans.
- Prescribe or administer topical or systemic medications to treat ophthalmic conditions and to manage pain.
- Prescribe medications, corrective lenses such as glasses and contact lenses.
- Perform laser surgeries to alter, remove, reshape, or replace ocular tissue.
- Operate on patients to treat conditions.
- Provide ophthalmic consultation to other medical professionals.
- Advise medical personnel regarding healthcare issues.
- Educate patients about maintenance and promotion of healthy vision.
Why Sanford Federal?
You can take pride in working for a company dedicated to serving our government by providing the best, most cost-effective solutions for the US Government. Our work helps the US Government secure our nation, support the efforts of our military and intelligence communities, and provide lifesaving medical services to our soldiers, vets, and their families.
Please submit your most up-to-date resume. Please be sure to highlight your relevant experience.
Sanford Federal is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.
Powered by JazzHR