JOB TYPE: PERMANENT, Full Time
SALARY: 16327.000 - 16330.000
Role: C#/Java Graduate Software Engineers
Salary: £27,000 to £30,000 + pension scheme and bonuses
Job Type: Permanent
SeeByte, global market leader in the development of smart software for unmanned maritime systems, are looking to recruit C#/Java Graduate Software Engineers, with a focus on Command and Control Technologies within our team in the Edinburgh office. You can expect to be working as part of a world renowned, expert engineering team, with state-of-the-art subsea robots on exciting and varied projects, involving global travel and at-sea experiments.
You will be given the opportunity to see the real-world application of the software that SeeByte has created. You will have a unique opportunity to play a significant role in ae dynamic and world respected technology company within the exciting field of robotics, with clear development, training and career progression opportunities provided. This is a fantastic opportunity to work for an innovative and forward thinking company with an international client base.
Main Purpose of Role
- Competitive salary and shared employee / employer contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement and travel compensation scheme
- Flexible working hours policy
- Travel season ticket loan
- Opportunities to travel to great locations like San Diego and work with robots
- Annual company day out
- A "technology day" every quarter to prototype and explore new ideas
- Online certified training courses and in-house technology training
- Offices in the centre of Edinburgh, a great city to live and work in!
- Save money on your commute as SeeByte participates in the Cycle to Work scheme
You will have the opportunity to work on the development and maturing of the cutting-edge Command and Control for the maritime robotics domain, looking at the issues around storing, displaying and interacting with data from unmanned systems.
SeeByte's solutions uses a modular, service orientated architecture which is required to process, store and analyse large quantities of data (2D and 3D) collected by underwater robots. The implementation will primarily focus on .NET / C# / MS Visual Studio with additional potential opportunities for code development in C++ or Java / Netbeans.
Support and training will be given to allow you to develop and grow within the role as required and become a highly skilled specialist in software engineering. This role is suitable for recent graduates or engineers with 1 year or less commercial experience.
- Graduated with a BSc or an MSc in Software Engineering or a similar numerical degree (2:1 or above)
- C# / .NET development skills or demonstrable ability to learn these skills
- Database technology (e.g. SQL)
- Front end development experience using C#, .NET, WPF or java based technology
- Willingness to travel abroad to support client demonstrations and trials
Experience in at least one of the following areas is desirable:
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF)
- Version control using GIT
- GIS Systems
- Software Testing
Having completed a university or commercial project in one or several of the following areas is also desirable:
- Development of graphical user interfaces
- Management and processing of Big Data
- RESTful / SOAP API
To apply please send a recent copy of your CV and a cover letter.
Because of the nature of the work associated with this post it is subject to special nationality rules and is open only to British or European Citizens. Applicants with suitable work visas will also be considered. All offers of employment will be conditional to a satisfactory background check.
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES
...Role: C#/Java Graduate Software Engineers Job Type: PERMANENT, Full TimeLocation: Edinburgh, Apply for this job now.