JOB DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Confer with debtor by telephone in attempt to determine reason for overdue payment, reviewing terms of sale, service or credit contract with debtor;
- Research debtor's financial standing and origin of debt;
- Research debtor background including but not limited to; business organizations, personal and marital status, place of employment (POE), assets and sources of income;
- Track all verbal and written correspondence with debtor including the status of collection efforts via Blackstad, Hrabe & Kirkorsky Software;
- Contact debtor to negotiate payment in full, receive postdated checks, set up monthly payments by obtaining a settlement agreement.
Sufficient formal and/or informal training to provide the ability to read and write at a level consistent with the requirements of the position;
- High School diploma (or GED) plus any combination of education and experience that would provide the required skill and knowledge for successful performance of this position.
- Proper use of grammar, punctuation, and spelling; basic mathematics; standard types of office filing systems, proper telephone etiquette and techniques; standard office software applications; standard office equipment;
- Efficient use of modern office procedures, methods, and equipment;
- Application of data processing in the maintenance of records and reports;
- Basic computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Out-look, and Access) tools is essential;
- Knowledge of how to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
*Skill and Ability to:
- Accurately type a minimum of 40 words per minute;
- Ability to learn how to accurately and timely keep up with “to-do’s” (ticklers) in our data base;
- Perform basic research and report results;
- Read and apply rules, regulations, and proofread material and make necessary corrections;
- Ability to learn and follow standard office procedures; learn appropriate filing and record keeping systems; select appropriate business formats;
- Work cooperatively and effectively with Management, staff, and the public.
- Demonstrate outstanding organizational skills and ability to prioritize work.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
*Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Statement:
The above listed duties, and Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA’s) are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
BLACKSTAD, HRABE AND KIRKORSKY is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer that promotes a diverse, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.
Blackstad, Hrabe & Kirkorsky, L.L.C. is a premier and unique firm committed to the daily mission of providing extraordinary services with expertise, integrity and the utmost respect for our clients and our community. In pursuing our endeavors, we adhere to the highest ethics, morals and values when providing excellent, personal service for our clients. Our goal is to continue to exceed our client’s expectations. We, as a team at BHK, are dedicated to the professional service we provide. We are diligent in our efforts and use the most innovative, flexible methods to ensure we are timely, effective, and proficient in delivering superior service. At our firm, we cultivate a working environment of honest, open communication, shared respect and support, empowerment, and diversity. For our community, we vow a commitment to social responsibility, excellent service, and outstanding leadership.
Role: Consumer Collector
Apply for this job now.