Anaesthesia Theatre Practitioner/Anaesthesia nurse job
Working hours: This is a full-time role working 37.5hrs per week
Salary: £33,037 - £37,000 (with additional 4% shift enhancement) and will be dependent upon skills and experience.
We are delighted to work in partnership with one of the leading healthcare providers to help them recruit for a Theatre Practitioner Anaesthesia to join their Theatres team.
As the only fully private maternity hospital in the UK, delivering over 1,500 babies a year, this health care provider places great importance on providing safe and high-quality care for expectant mothers. Both consultant-led and midwife-led maternity care is available, and their aim is to provide all the support needed during pregnancy, childbirth and beyond. Women's health issues are treated by a team of 40 consultants, supported by nurses, physiotherapists and counsellors, with an emphasis on privacy and dignity.
As a Theatre Practitioner (Anaesthesia) you will be accountable for providing high quality clinical assistance to the Anaesthetist during surgical procedures. You will ensure that professional and national standards are met in accordance to the Nursing & Midwifery Council (NMC), Health Professions Council (HPC) and HCA's Code of Conduct.
You will also be responsible for assessing, developing, implementing and evaluating programmes of care for patients undergoing surgical procedures and will need to prepare the Anaesthetic room according to the individual needs of the patient and Anaesthetist.
Roles and responsibilities
- Help to control cross infection by observing departmental policy regarding dress, the maintenance of a clean working environment, decontamination and sterilisation procedures and asepsis.
- Prepare patients for clinical/ operative procedures, both in anaesthetics and surgery.
- Provide assistance in clinical/ operative procedures, both anaesthetics and surgery.
- Provide initial emergency care as required
- Participate fully as a team member, including working in all areas of the theatre suite, sharing knowledge and information and supporting colleagues, to promote a cohesive team and the achievement of team objectives.
- RGN or registered OPD
- Anaesthetics course
- Evidence of on-going professional development
- Mentorship course or willingness to undertake the course
- Airway Management and care of the unconscious patient
- Knowledge of different emergency situations
- Contribution pension scheme
- private medical insurance
- annual salary review
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays; with the option to buy and sell.
- Career development with clear career pathways and access to further education.
- Support with relocation if you are living outside of London; subject to terms and conditions.
If you would like