POSITION: Community Support Specialist/Vocational Support Specialist
DIVISION: Community Developmental Services
We are an innovative person-centered organization that has been providing support to individuals and families living in Central Vermont for over 50 years. We support people with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities to live their best life, to be part of the community, to explore their dreams and achieve their goals. You will be part of a dynamic, caring team that promotes creativity and having fun. If you have a positive mindset, are creative and passionate about helping individuals achieve goals, then you will be a great fit for our team.
About This Position:
A benefitted position which provides 40 hours per week of support services to two individuals with diverse needs.
20 hours of support will be provided to an individual in a community setting. He requires support communicatively and socially, and encouragement toward the development of independence.
20 hours of community support will also be provided to a woman in her thirties who needs transportation, assistance to complete daily errands in the community, and practice setting boundaries.
The ideal candidate will possess strong communication and interpersonal skills, patience, and empathy and respect towards all people.
- To help promote an active lifestyle and healthy choice-making, by way of assisting individual in building and implementing a well-balanced schedule.
- To support individual in attending work and engaging while there.
- To foster community integration.
- To support individual with communication needs, and to learn appropriate methods to do so.
- To work both independently, as well as part of various teams.
- To record detailed information and complete all agency-required paperwork to be submitted in a timely manner.
- Provide client transportation in your own vehicle to and from community activities, appointments and home. Staff is required to carry adequate insurance coverage.
- Follow all of the behavioral and crisis plans for the identified. Willingness to learn crisis de-escalation and obtain NAPPI certification.
- To familiarize, implement and comply with WCMHS policies and procedures.
- Follow supervision directives.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary
- Generous medical, dental, vision, life and accident insurance - WCMHS covers 82.5 - 92% of premium costs.
- Matching 403(b) - match begins at 4.25% and increases based on years of service.
- Employee assistance plan.
- Generous sick and vacation accruals. Full- and part-time regular positions receive 12 days' vacation and 12 days sick time annually - prorated based on standard hours.
- 12.5 paid holidays annually.
- Mileage reimbursement for agency related travel.
- Fun and engaging environment and the ability to give back to the local community.
Qualifications: Experience working with individuals with Autism preferred. The successful candidate will possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, demonstrate flexibility, and be willing to work with individuals with a variety of support needs. Valid driver's license, excellent driving record, and a safe, insured vehicle required. H.S. diploma or equivalent.
Send letter of interest/resume to:
WCMHS, Personnel, PO Box 647,
Montpelier, VT #removed#
Email: #removed#, Fax: 223-8623, Website: #removed#
Powered by JazzHR