Basic Systems, Inc., an engineering firm specializing in design and procurement for natural gas compression facilities, has openings for a Civil Engineer.
Performs assignments requiring application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related engineering tasks. Limited exercise of judgment is required on details of work and in making preliminary selections and adaptations of engineering alternatives.
May supervise Drafters, Designers, or Technicians as assigned by Sr. Project Manager or Project Manager.
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering w/EIT or minimum of two (2) years engineering experience in the civil discipline.
- Using prescribed methods, performs specific and limited portions of a broader assignment of an experienced engineer. Applies standard practices and techniques in specific situations, adjusts and correlates data, recognizes discrepancies in results, and follows operations through a series of related detailed steps or processes.
- Conducting all business activities with customers and employees in an honest and ethical manner and within the guidelines of company policies, procedures and practices.
- Maintain technical skills and proficiency as necessary to meet the technical and quality requirements of the project assignments.
- Overall responsibility for maintaining the quality of the work product including checking of work delegated by the incumbent.
- Complete project design assignments as directed by the Project Manager.
- Assist the Project Manager in the technical, administrative, budgetary, and schedule implementation of assigned projects.
- Assist in generating and maintaining project schedules.
- Coordinate with other Engineers, Designers, and Drafters in completing project assignments.
- Communicate with clients concerning project business.
- Assist the Project Manager in keeping project costs within budget.
- Report to management on project, budget and schedule status.
- Prepare estimates for proposed projects.
- This position requires that the incumbent be familiar with and able to use Microsoft Project, Microsoft Word, and Excel and design software specific to their task assignments.
- Other duties and responsibilities as directed.
Role: Civil Engineer
Apply for this job now.