Job Location: Fort Walton Beach, Florida (Eglin AFB)
Paragon has an exciting opportunity for a Journeyman Mechanical Designer and Engineer supporting the AFLCMC/EBD, Direct Attack Division which consists of the Massive Ordnance Penetrator (MOP), BLU-120, Joint Programmable Fuze (JPF), Hard Target Void Sensing Fuze (HTVSF), Medium Caliber Ammo and Foreign Military Sales of multiple assets and a number of other US and FMS air-to-ground munitions and supporting systems all in various acquisition phases. Their mission is to advance combat capability through lifecycle management of direct attack systems and enterprise-level air armament mission planning capabilities; integrate existing standard munitions and launch platforms and integrate with C4I capabilities.
- Support design, development, production, operation, and sustainment of Armament Systems located at Eglin AFB, FL.
- Execute tasks throughout the acquisition lifecycle from requirements analysis through disposal of a system. Performance at Eglin AFB, FL will primarily focus on concept through fielding of the system with some support to operation, maintenance, and sustainment.
- Support to the missions of international armaments cooperation and foreign military sales, which may be integral to development, production, fielding, and sustainment of certain systems.
- Development and testing of weapon systems with a desired specific focus on mechanical engineering principles as applied to Munitions Material Handling Equipment (MMHE)
- Support leadership in managing the mechanical and/or systems engineering activities associated with acquisition of new weapon capabilities with a desired focus on MMHE
- Experience developing system performance requirements, directing the preparation of specifications and establishing engineering requirements for developmental and operational test and evaluation with a desired specific focus of MMHE.
- US Citizen
- DoD Secret Clearance
- BS in Mechanical Engineering and +5 years relevant experience -OR- MS in Mechanical Engineering and +3 years’ relevant experience
- Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to all levels of company and customer staff and Management
- Travel Required
- Ability to rent/operate rental cars while on travel
- Ability to work flexible and varied hours
Paragon Solutions, Inc., provides technical and management consulting services to public sector clients. Our strengths are in Acquisition Management, Cybersecurity and System Engineering. We have developed an outstanding reputation for technical expertise and customer satisfaction. Paragon routinely leads teams of Government, Federally Funded Research and Development Center (FFRDC) and contractor personnel in formulating strategies, plans and requirements documents.
Role: Mechanical Designer and Engineer (Secret Clearance)
Location: Eglin Air Force Base,
Apply for this job now.