Direct Care Workers needed in Port Monmouth, NJ!!!
Several shifts available to work in a day program in a group home.Hours: 7am-4pm
Direct Care worker will:
- Provide primary supervision and support of residential clients.
- Set and contribute to a safe, dignified, orderly atmosphere by enforcing program rules, policies, and procedures·
- Guiding clients and facilitating appropriate behavior about daily living skills, self-care, personal interaction, social relationship
- Respond appropriately to emergencies including contacting appropriate staff and supervisors, interacting with police, fire, and medical personnel as needed.
- Maintain and promote the cooperative, harmonious, teamwork environment
- Maintain and promote an atmosphere of dignity and respect
- Ensure effective communication of priority information to all necessary staff and shifts.
Direct Care Job Description:
- The ideal candidate for Direct Care Workers will be someone with a background in working with DDD and/or MH folks, who have done Direct Care Work for at least 6 months.
- The Direct Care Workers must have excellent boundary setting and communication skills, and be able to follow and implement support plans.
- Direct Care Workers must comfortable working with a team to help create a supportive nurturing model for growth.
Requirements of Direct Care:
- 2 professional references· DDDs (Overview of Developmental Disabilities, Medication and Abuse and Neglect)
- Criminal·Valid drivers license
Job Type: Temporary
AXION is a dynamic and innovative staffing organization determined to exceed both our candidate's and our client's highest expectations. Over the last three and a half decades, Axion has been the preferred staffing solution for thousands of companies in the New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania markets. Axion continues to provide these services and has been certified by The Joint Commission. Axion is an Everify company.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination and harassment. The Company will recruit and hire all persons without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Further, all personnel actions such as compensation, promotions, benefits, transfers, layoffs, company-sponsored training, education, tuition assistance, terminations, social and recreational programs will be administered in the same manner.
The Company views the principles of equal opportunity as a vital element in the employment process and as a hallmark of good management. Assuring equal employment opportunity is a function and direct responsibility of all levels of management. All managers and supervisory personnel are charged with making a personal commitment to practice and enforce the principles of this policy.
We are an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Role: Direct Care Worker
Location: Port Monmouth,
Apply for this job now.