A fantastic opportunity has arisen to work with one of the Regions leading Civil Engineering contractors. They are looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join our their commercial team to be based in Gloucester.
As part of my clients expansion plans, a position has become available QS who will be able to quickly demonstrate a good knowledge of the NEC contract.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To contribute towards controlling and reporting both quantitative & qualitative aspects of the works delivery programme. To include financial reporting, management of the schemes commercial aspects, reconciliation of cost and value.
To assist the Regional Surveying Manager in all aspect of the work load as required.
To contribute towards the development of new systems which affect positive change to the commercial teams reporting.
- To assist in the handover of schemes from Estimating to Production
- To maintain accurate records, assist in controlling costs and value, report variances against agreed performance/compliance/Finance targets
- Control of change management
- To assist the Regional Surveying Manager in ad-hoc reporting and individual performance projects as necessary.
- To ensure the integrity of the Commercial Team's reputation.
- To provide excellent customer service to all members of the Management Team.
- Proactive review of current procedures and processes and assisting in the implementation of new and revised processes where required.