Newstaff are recruiting for and Experienced Lead Electrician for our client in Watford Hertfordshire.
Contract for 6 months plus. £40k immediate start.
Primary Purpose of the Job:
Working closely with the Maintenance Supervisor and the Facilities Administrators, you will be responsible for coordinating the issuing of jobs to the Studio Electricians. In addition, this role is responsible for the maintenance, modification, and installation of electrical systems at WBSL. You will also be expected to diversify your role such that you will assist with other general maintenance tasks should the need arise. The role will primarily be based at the Leavesden site but from time to time you may be required to work off site.
Essential Job Functions:
- Coordinate and allocate jobs to the Electricians.
- Monitor completion of tasks ensuring highest standards of work.
- Monitor H&S compliance, such as correct PPE being worn, as per the H&S at Work Act and WBSL H&S Policy.
- Reporting progress and updates via the two-way radio system
- Ensure that the sites electrical and mechanical equipment are looked after in such a way as to maintain continuous operation and legal compliance.
- Set approved levels of conduct for work methodology within the team.
- Operating and maintaining mechanical and electrical systems via the BMS
- Carry out small installation works and modifications to existing systems.
- Use and maintenance of site plant equipment such as tractor, trailers Forklifts and MEWPS.
- Audit and review of all stock levels and report to Maintenance Manager any required orders.
- Report to the Maintenance Supervisor the performance of the Electricians.
- Coordinate and carry out planned and reactive maintenance tasks as requested by the Maintenance Supervisor and Facilities Administrator.
Relevant Previous Work Experience
- Previous proven experience of working within a commercial facilities maintenance department.
- Working knowledge of industrial and commercial, single phase and three phase installations.
- Proven experience of coordinating a team of Electricians.
- Experience of working within a customer facing environment and providing excellent customer service.
- Knowledge of the Trend BMS system
- Technologically proficient with good a working knowledge of Electrical and Automation systems.
- Full working knowledge and adherence to H&S standards.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, comfortable working in cross-functional teams.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, and capable of working on own initiative.
- Work well under pressure.
- Prepared to participate in other non-engineering business related projects.
- A positive and helpful attitude towards Heath, Safety Welfare, and safe systems of working.