We are seeking a Direct Support Professional (DSP) and/or Administrators to join our team! You will assist in the daily support needs of adults with Intellectual Disabilities, behavioral challenges and mental health concerns.
- Assist all residents with daily living activities, self-care needs, and community inclusion activities.
- Communicate ongoing care results and participate in resident's assessment and evaluation processes.
- Document daily activities, target objectives and behavioral progress of all residents.
- Contribute to and participate in daily and weekly activity schedules for residents both on-site and in the community.
- Act as a role model and mentor to all residents.
- Act as an advocate to protect residents' person rights.
- Communicate effectively with residents, family members, co-workers and Regional Center employees. for best care opportunities and results.
- Maintain a healthy, clean and comfortable living environment for residents.
- Attend monthly meetings and in-service trainings.
- Be at least 21 years of age and able to work legally in the United States of America
- At least one year's experience working with adults with developmental disabilities; background working with individuals with dual diagnosis, such as behavioral challenges or mental health concerns, preferred.
- Compassionate and caring demeanor .
- Ability to build rapport with residents.
- Ability to work as a member of a Team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional attitude and appearance.
- Possession of DSP 1 & 2 Certification.
- Ability to obtain a fingerprint clearance from Community Care Licensing prior to employment.
- Ability to obtain or in possession of a current health screening and TB test prior to employment.
- Possession of current Adult CPR/First Aid Certification.
- Possession of current CPI Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Certification.
- Possession of current State ID.
- Computer literate with the ability to type at least 40wpm preferred.
- We are an equal opportunity employer. It should be noted that due to the nature of the essential duties and responsibilities of certain positions, applicants must: 1) be able to walk, bend, squat, turn in the knees, back, wrist and shoulders and use hands (in order to properly perform the techniques taught in CPR/First Aid, Crisis Intervention Technique and other duties required for resident’s safety) and 2) Must be able see and hear with or without corrections.
- While working as a DSP, employees may be required to deal with the following conditions: 1) unconventional working schedules -- we operate programs and services 24/7, 365 days a year, with an expectation of working on at least 2 end-of-year holidays; 2) possible exposure to blood borne pathogens; 3) possible exposure to profanity, aggressive or violent, and/or offensive behaviors from the residents.
CALL (855) 302-3331 schedule an Interview today!!
Home Care Help is a non-medical home care company specializing in helping individuals in their homes. Services include light housekeeping, meal preparation, transportation, personal care (grooming, bathing, incontinence care), errands, laundry, medication reminders, respite care and many other services.
We are located in SAN GABRIEL VALLEY and are looking for experienced, compassionate and reliable Caregiver / CNA / Home Care Aide / DSP candidates to work in the homes of senior citizens and adults with Intellectual Disabilities.
Role: **DIRECT SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL/ ADMINISTRATOR - AM, PM, NOC**
Apply for this job now.