As the General Manager - Express Site, your top priorities are the Health and Safety at the site and the engagement and development of your direct reports. You will be responsible for the day-to day execution of the Essentra Express business model at your site while maximizing profitability. We will look to you to direct and motivate the sales teams and coordinate warehousing operations within the Essentra Component's service proposition. You are encouraged and expected to grow your position by finding new and better ways to achieve and exceed customer expectations and company objectives.
- Lead and develop the team to ensure site targets are achieved
- Monitor, maintain and develop business KPIs for the site in line with the company strategy
- Ensure Customer Service team operates effectively within current policies and procedures relating to proactive selling, pricing, order entry, complaint handling and telephone enquiry handling
- Comprehensively understand the Essentra product range and proactively maximise all sales opportunities
- Manage warehouse environment including OTIF and inventory accuracy
- Establish team direction, strategy and daily activity including day-to-day balancing of workload
- Conduct annual appraisals and ensure appropriate development for all team members through weekly one-on-one meetings
- Responsible for other management tasks such as Health and Safety, recruiting, budgets, and general HR functions
- Develop effective working relationships with other internal departments
- Participate in specific projects and team activities as required and directed
- Manage monthly reporting of site KPI with P&L responsibility
Self-starter with the ability to develop/implement strategies in line with the company's business vision.
Unwavering desire to uphold and promote organizational values
Excellent reasoning and analytical ability, data-driven decision making
Impeccable personal integrity and ethics
A hands on/can do orientation driven by the will to accomplish tasks
Driven by success with a high degree of energy, motivation and confidence
Ability to build and manage effective small work teams
Ability to motivate and inspire others to accomplish goals
Excellent verbal and written communication
Motivated, persuasive, dedicated
Must be a positive thinker and a team player
Ability to manage difficult or emotional customer situations with professionalism and diplomacy
Goal oriented and self-disciplined to achieve goals
Passionate desire to offer outstanding customer service
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 4 + years industrial sales or management experience in a distribution environment
- Experience with, and understanding of, warehouse operations
- Previous general management experience preferable
- Successful track record in industrial business to business sales
- Ability to travel up to 20%
Essentra PLC is a diversified manufacturing company with an impressive history of success that spans over 50 years. Products include a vast array of products, packaging and components that are used in many different industries including healthcare, food and beverage, electronics, and energy. Publicly traded on the London Stock Exchange with over £1 billion in revenue, the organization has grown significantly over the past few years by complimenting steady organic growth with strategic acquisitions that have expanded the product portfolio and strengthened their global presence. With operations in 33 countries around the world, the company is organized into three Strategic Business Units (SBUs): Component Solutions, Health and Personal Care Packaging, and Filtration Products.
The Americas Region, which includes approximately 22 manufacturing and distribution locations and 2,200 employees across the US, Canada, and Latin America, accounts for over one third of global sales. The dynamic culture is entrepreneurial, fast paced and results driven. The Company's Key Principles are centered around building a winning engaging team with the freedom to operate in an open, honest and safe environment.
Role: General Manager
Apply for this job now.