Design and engineer workable solutions for the fabrication of store fixtures, casework, and millwork while efficiently utilizing available materials, equipment, construction methods and labor resources. Perform complex design tasks requiring the operation of Inventor software. Has a good understanding of all design requirements for any given account and can direct others when needed. Design product based on equipment capabilities, construction methods and labor resources.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Consult with Project Managers on project design, materials and engineering requirements
- Produce cutting bills and CNC programming as needed for all parts required
- Prepare work orders, stock requisitions for purchasing and bill of materials for ERP system
- Coordinate closely with the shop regarding manufacturing of your product
- Update all drawings used in product development, construction and installation as changes occur
- Advise Shop of revisions to bill of materials
- Prepares and/or directs the preparation of product to Production Engineers
- Prepare sketches and drawings for all products and purchased items as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Reports to (position): Engineering Manager
Formal Education / Certification Requirements
AS degree in Engineering Technology/Design or Related work experience
Job-Related Experience/ Skills/ Competencies
- Extensive Experience with AutoCAD and Inventor
- CNC Programming experience
- Some Project Management experience
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- ERP/MRP knowledge
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to type, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. This document is subject to change at any time and is not intended to be exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required by employees with this position title. The physical requirements described on the supplemental Occupational Worksheet are representative of those that must be met
Leiden Cabinet is a privately-owned family business started by Leo I. Leiden in 1941. Today, we employ more than 130 people at our three manufacturing and distribution facilities. Our headquarters, main plant and distribution center are in Twinsburg, Ohio. Our second plant is located in Strasburg, Ohio.
At Leiden Cabinet, we believe in working hard and having fun. The trademarks of Leiden Cabinet have been consistent through the years, a good team of dedicated, talented people anticipating and adapting to changing client needs.
Role: Architectural/Millwork Engineer
Apply for this job now.