Company: MENTAL HEALTH ASSOCIATION IN ULSTER COUNTY, INC.
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
The Mental Health Association in Ulster County, Inc. seeks a seasoned Human Resources professional to serve as its next Vice President of Human Resources and Operations. The position provides executive-level leadership and guidance to the organization's Human Resources Department and oversees Operations for the organization, and is open at an exciting time of growth for the organization.
The Vice President of Human Resources reports to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and works to ensure that all aspects of the day-to-day operations of Human Resources are implemented accurately and efficiently. The Vice President is responsible for setting, enforcing and evaluating legally compliant human resources policies, procedures and best practices. As the organization grows under the leadership of a new CEO, this position partners with the CEO to identify and implement long-range strategic talent management goals and enact culture change strategies.
The Vice President of Human Resources is a member of the leadership team of MHA and supervises three staff positions. Primary responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with executive leadership to identify ways to support the organization's mission and long-term goals through talent management.
- Identify the key performance indicators for the organization's human resource and talent management functions.
- Ensure that all aspects of Recruitment, Payroll & Benefits, and Safety & Training are implemented precisely and efficiently.
- Research, develop and implement competitive compensation, benefits, performance appraisal and employee incentive programs.
- Ensure compliance with employment, benefits, insurance, safety and other laws, regulations and requirements.
- Participate in setting the organization's strategic goals and managing the day-to-day operations.
- Provide guidance and leadership to the Human Resources team, assists with resolution of human resource, compensation and benefits questions, concerns and issues.
- Identify and lead best practices in the Human Resources functions across the organization.
- Maintain knowledge of laws, regulations, and best practices in employment law, human resources, and talent management.
- Oversee office infrastructure buildings and grounds.
- Draft and implement the budget for the human resource department.
- Participate in professional development and networking conferences and events.
Ideal candidates for this position must have a passion for our mission and a desire to develop and deliver a comprehensive Human Resources strategy that integrates and closely aligns with our mission and values. We are looking for a change agent who will support our future growth internally and externally. The ideal candidate will bring a variety of experiences and attributes to the organization, including:
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the principles and best practices of human resources administration.
- Significant business acumen and proven effectiveness acting as an advisor to provide an HR perspective on organizational decisions.
- Ability to operate at both the strategic vision-setting level and the tactical execution level
- Experience with change management and organizational culture shift.
- Solution-oriented, innovative and proven ability to problem solve complex HR challenges with limited resources.
- Recruitment knowledge and expertise with a track record of developing and sustaining a diverse employee base.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with the ability to communicate effectively with audiences ranging from entry-level staff to executives and external stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Works well under pressure and adapts to changing situations and priorities.
- Ability to handle confidential matters with discretion.
- A deeply principled person of integrity and strong ethical values who listens, is accessible, engaging with the ability to make people feel comfortable in his/her presence.
- Experience in or willingness to learn the operations side of the organization.
- Experience managing vendors and related contracting and invoicing.
- Strong computer proficiency and experience with HR management or information systems software and technology.
- At least 7 years' experience in a Human Resources leadership position.
- Master's degree preferred, experience may be substituted for a Master's degree if ideal candidate holds a Bachelor's degree.
- Human Resources Certification required.
To apply, email resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: #removed# Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. For all other inquiries, please contact our search consultant, Catrese Brown at #removed#
Powered by JazzHR