A top tier international law firm is looking to hire an additional Energy and Finance lawyer with 2-5 years of PQE to be based in its high-ranking Projects team. Operating out of offices in Edinburgh, the successful Lawyer will be offered a full-time, permanent role.
Your New Role
Working within the market leading Energy & Infrastructure Finance team, which operates as part of the Projects Group, you will carry out a wide range of top-tier and high value project and finance work, including:
- Energy project development work.
- Energy regulation.
- Renewable energy finance.
- Upstream oil & gas finance.
- Energy efficiency and low carbon advisory mandates.
Other key duties of the Energy and Finance Lawyer will include:
- Developing ongoing relationships with an existing client base as well as pitching for new opportunities;
- Developing close working relationships as part of an international team;
- The opportunity to be involved in work on an international level; and
- Taking an active role in our campaigns, the developments of our products and pitching for new work.
- The clients consist of a number of utilities, UK and international banks, renewable energy developers and O&G exploration and production companies, local authorities, infrastructures funds and private equity.
- The work of the team has an increasingly international flavour given both inward investment and also clients looking to invest in international markets working with colleagues in other international offices.
- This is a transactional role, with a large amount of client contact and the opportunity to specialise in a strategic and diverse industry sector.
The successful Energy and Finance Lawyer will:
- Have gained experience in a large commercial firm with an established energy practice;
- Be a team player, able to forge strong working relationships with colleagues in an agile environment;
- Be technically strong and exercise good commercial judgment; and
- Have the interpersonal skills necessary for this client-facing role.
In return, the successful Lawyer will be entitled to:
- A highly competitive salary and benefits package.
- Access to exceptional training, development and career progression programmes.
For a confidential discussion about this Energy and Finance Lawyer position or to be considered, please submit an application today.