Job Summary: The Operation Center Controller (OCC) will be assigned to the client’s Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) and handles all incoming internal and external customer inquiries via telephone. The OCC answers questions, troubleshoots issues, and determines whether the inquiry is emergent or non-emergent and triages accordingly.
· The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
· All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
· Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
· In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
· All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
The Essential Functions Include:
- Represent FAMs core values
- Respond and triage incoming calls from client employees, vendors, business/services partners, customers, and sometimes law enforcement agencies.
- Reviews information and other reporting sources;
- Disseminates data via notices/reports to appropriate groups.
- Review and assesses awareness tools.
- Maintain high levels of customer service with a philosophy of “Owning a Problem” until it is resolved.
- Partner with the management team to stay informed on procedural knowledge and changes.
- Provide a wide range of administrative support including scheduling, review, preparing, and/or editing documents.
- Partner and communicate continually with Shift Managers to ensure all communications are consistent with the Global Security mission.
- Author outgoing communication to various business groups.
- Maintain control of sensitive security material and items located within the office as dictated by procedures.
- Follow established protocol for reoccurring events, tasks, projects, and other items that require regular attention by staff.
- Serve as a resource to the GSOC during emergencies or crisis situations.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Hiring Standards:
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company’s pre-employment screening process, including drug screen and background investigation.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
High school diploma/equivalent with at least three years of dispatch, analyst or security receptionist experience. U.S. inbound call center or security-related experience, preferred.
Competencies (As Demonstrated Through Experience, Training, and/or Testing):
- Dispatch, analyst, security receptionist, customer service and/or call center experience.
- Bi-lingual skills; Spanish and English, preferred.
- Knowledge of 24/7 international monitoring center operations, security technology, and emerging trends.
- Knowledge of security operations and procedures.
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with subordinates peers and supervisors.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Able to work under pressure and maintain a professional, composed, and calm demeanor with customers.
· Effective written and verbal skills.
· Able to interact effectively at all levels, including management and across diverse backgrounds.
· Courteous and professional telephone etiquette with accuracy in taking messages.
- Strong customer service and service delivery orientation.
· Limited analytical skills for emergency management, crisis, or critical communications.
- Able to prioritize, organize, and analyze while carrying out multiple assignments concurrently.
- Able to quickly adapt as the external environment and organization evolves.
· Serve as an effective team member.
· Computer skills; Microsoft Office, databases, and systems.
Working Conditions: (Physical/Mental Demands):
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Work in environments and under conditions that require carrying authorized weapons and ammunition, the use of protective gear and devices, and/or awareness of personal safety and safety of others.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- May be exposed to stressful situations, such as challenging individuals who are in or approaching an unauthorized area.
- Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and/or crawling.
- Must be flexible with the ability to work evenings, odd hours, and weekends with little notice.
- Frequent sitting and/or standing.
Role: Operation Center Controller
Apply for this job now.