Prefer candidates that can lay out a plate of aluminum with a scale.
Use a drill and guide to drill holes
Rivet holes with a bucking bar
Bolt holes and torque
Ability to run a safety wire on the bolts
Willing to work daily overtime at time and a half.
Ability to select correct parts, materials, tools, assemblies, standards, hardware, etc. Drill, shim, install, fit, fasten, align, adjust and perform the necessary pre-installation E/M Assembly work to accomplish the installation of structural components requiring the use of production and engineering prints to determine exact locations. Report job constraints such as: errors caused by workmanship, defects in parts, materials, assembly procedures, tools, sequences, etc., in accordance with Boeing procedures. Perform any repairs, rework, functional checks and the incorporation of authorized changes, etc., as outlined by Lead. Remove and/or replace installed components and any related parts. Must be able but not limited to Drill close tolerance holes in composites, Tool indexing, Gap measurement. Ability to read and understand blueprints, drawings, schematics, engineering dispositions and instructions. Be safety conscious; employ the use of safety glasses, safety harnesses, respirators, boot socks, and other pertinent safety equipment 100% of the time. Exhibit exemplary housekeeping and Foreign Object Debris (FOD) standards. Maintain clean, neat, organized and FOD free work area. Possess understanding and knowledge of basic computer systems and programs. Ability stand for long periods of time, and work in elevated and/or confined spaces as required. Frequent overhead work may be required. Frequent overtime may be required.
Ability to perform the following requirements:
• Lift less than 25 pounds (Occasional lifting of 21-35 pounds), bend and twist at the waist, walk, crawl, crouch, stand for long periods, kneel, reach, climb/balance, flexion/extension
• Use personal protective gear for face, eyes, ears, hand, and arms as required.
• Pass visual acuity and color perception tests
• Read, write, and comprehend the English language
• Handle, use, and dispose of hazardous material
• Obtain & maintain training certifications as required to support assignment responsibilities
• Occasional (1 to 3 hrs) finger manipulation
• On occasion, a 2-person lift may be necessary for weights greater than 50 lbs
• Frequent reaching overhead (3 to 6 hrs)
• Frequent walking on flat surfaces
• Frequent standing flat or uneven surfaces
• Rotation of head/neck, sitting, crawling, squatting, bend/stoop, lying down, and operate foot controls
• Occasional contact with metals
For more than 25 years Triad Systems has provided Job Seekers with the most dynamic opportunities in the Aerospace Engineering disciplines throughout the United States.
Role: Mechanical/Electrical/Structural Assemblers/Mechanics
Apply for this job now.