Diesel Trailer Technician - Amerit Fleet Solutions - Wilton, NY
The Diesel Trailer Technician will be responsible for the repair and maintenance of Class 7 - 8 trailers. Operate vehicles and test all working parts in various functions to ensure proper operation. The candidate must have experience repairing dry trailers; roll up doors, swing doors, body panel, roofing and floors. Welding experience is desired.
**All employees are required to go through a background check; Motor Vehicle Records, Criminal and Drug Test.
Full Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid holidays and vacation, disability insurance - all benefits kick in within your first few weeks
- Prepare vehicle records and report both manually and on a computer
- Perform safety inspections of equipment and prepare safety documentation required
- Inspect and perform work on the under parts of vehicles/trailer
- Access any area of the equipment or vehicle to perform necessary maintenance
- Move parts to and from the job site and remove or install these parts on vehicle
- Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
- Perform other duties as required
- Candidate must have experience repairing roll up doors, swing doors, floors, walls, side panels and roofs.
- The candidate must have experience in Stick, MIG, or TIG welding.
- The ability to fabricate metal and stainless steel. The candidate must have average computer skills to input data in the computer software programs.
- Must have at least 2 years experience performing vehicle and/or trailer maintenance.
- Must be able to operate a manual transmission vehicle to determine if operating properly
- Must be able to enter and exit the driver's compartment of the truck and/or behind cab using normally available footholds and handholds
- Must provide own hand tools
- Perform DOT inspections
Multiple positions available.
About Amerit Fleet Solutions - #removed# Fleet Solutions, a certified DVBE, (Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise) is the largest provider of comprehensive, customizable fleet management solutions for large-scale public and private vehicle fleets. As a single-source fleet management service provider, we offer clients unprecedented economies of scale, bottom-line value, visibility and control, continuous improvement and comprehensive business analysis capabilities.
Role: Diesel Trailer Technician
Apply for this job now.