Do you like pulling things apart to figure out how it works? Do you enjoy troubleshooting mechanical/electrical issues? We are looking for a Field Service Technician to join our team in Atlanta, GA!
Purpose & Function:
The objective of the Morris South, a division of Morris Group, Inc., Field Service Technician is to maintain the highest levels of customer satisfaction through the detection and resolution of issues related to the electrical and/or mechanical components of a CNC machine. If you are mechanically inclined, have experience with electrical components, and/or understand pneumatic and hydraulic schematics, this may be the job for you!
Day in the Life
- Travel to customer sites to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain all machine tool equipment and controls for customer organizations
- Utilize machine tool manuals, technical documents, internal and vendor resources to research machine issues
- Complete and submit proper documentation related to the status of the machine issues, repairs, and/or installations to the company office as well as customers
- Promote and perform preventative maintenance on customer machine tool equipment
- Conduct after-sales technical support and machine maintenance training to customers
- Develop and maintain partner relationships with our machine tool vendors and other third party vendors
- Maintain and develop an in-depth knowledge of machine tool industry and product lines represented by the company
- One to three years’ experience working with CNC controls
- One to five years’ experience with CNC machine repair
- Ability and willingness to learn
- Passion for customer service
- Neat and professional attitude
- Basic understanding of electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic schematics; ability to read and interpret drawings and schematics
- Excellent technical, communications, and presentation skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and other business programs, as required
- Ability to meet physical requirements of the job
- Ability to work flexible hours; Frequent travel (day and some overnight) and driving throughout a regional territory is necessary (travel = 100%)
Additional Desired Qualifications
- Associate’s degree in a related field; High School Diploma/GED from a technical school
- Morris South offers competitive salary, comprehensive benefits packages, employee appreciation programs, and tuition reimbursement.
Job not for you? Perhaps you have a friend that would be a perfect fit. Send them this link. Thanks!
Morris Group, Inc., including all operating subsidiaries, is an EO Employer-M/F/Veteran/Disability: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class.
Morris South, a division of Morris Group, Inc., provides high performance machine tools, tooling and accessories, and related engineering and support services to manufacturers of precision machined parts.
Morris South serves manufacturers from all industry sectors in Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Mississippi, Tennessee, and Virginia where we are the exclusive distributor of Okuma, Hardinge, Bridgeport, and Tsugami machine tools.
Role: CNC Field Service Technician
Apply for this job now.