Vacuum Engineer/Service Engineer
Permanent & Full Time
Up to £60k
My client is an innovative technology business focused on delivering a proton-based radiotherapy system using technology originally developed and tested at the world- renowned CERN facility in Switzerland.
Proton beam therapy is likely to play a crucial role in the affordable treatment of cancer in the future. My clients system is based on a linear accelerator ('LIGHT') technology that is superior to traditional cyclotron/synchrotron accelerators and significantly less expensive to implement than its competitors. The company acquired the technology through the acquisition of another business, in 2013.
- Work with 3rd party suppliers and contractors to achieve safe and cost-effective methods of installing and testing the vacuum components for the LIGHT system and associate equipment.
- Create Method Statements and Risk Assessments for the installation activities on their Warrington site; ensure permits to work are in place as required.
- Ensure all health and safety processes in place are followed on site.
- Produce and provide input to installation instructions, procedures and processes for the installation / service of the LIGHT system.
- Perform the installation of components, assemblies and systems following the work instructions, guidance and training from the on-site Vacuum Installation team.
- To perform installation and service activities at customer sites in the United Kingdom, then later in Europe and Worldwide as required.
- Be responsible for helping to manage the relationship with customers and represent the company.
- Follow company procedures for problem reporting and provide feedback to assist with the development of the LIGHT system.
- Develop and perform service and maintenance procedures.
- Perform and check acceptance, verification and validation tests based on the test plans for the activity.
- Create and record installation checklist documentation for the Device History Record (DHR).
- Assist with the development and roll out of the training plan and training materials needed for the vacuum system and associated equipment.