Hyatt Place Greenville/Haywood is positioned within Greenville's premier shopping and dining district, Haywood Road. The hotel is located on the city's dynamic east side, off I-385, minutes to I-85 and eight miles from the Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport. Work in one of the fastest growing cities in the Southeast. The hotel is located only minutes from the Bon Secour Wellness Area, Haywood Mall, award winning Downtown Greenville, Peace Center and the TD Convention Center. Hyatt Place Greenville/Haywood is in the center of everything that Greenville has to offer.
At PAH Management, the General Manager at Greenville is responsible for continually focusing on achieving hotel profitability through revenue generation, cost control, guest satisfaction and developing employees, while maintaining the integrity of the hotel.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Play a pivotal role in hotel sales efforts, including calling on top ten accounts, meeting clients, hosting luncheons and receptions, and meeting with on-site contacts on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Tour the operating departments daily, making adjustments as needed via department heads.
- Conduct weekly staff meetings, including weekly training sessions presented by managers and self using the steps to effective training according to PAH Management’s standards, and the review of previous and future sales and operations efforts.
- Meet all financial review dates and corporate directed programs in a timely fashion.
- Hold a monthly financial review with all department managers, M.I.D.'s and available supervisors.
- Ensure that all department heads maintain budgeted productivity levels and PAH standard checkbook accounting procedures.
- Develop managers for future advancement through competency training and corporate sponsored training programs.
- Participate in required M.O.D. coverage as scheduled.
- Maintain direct contact with and monitor the development of management trainees.
- Adhere to all PAH policies and procedures and train new managers to ensure compliance.
- Oversee and assist in the PAH budget process as required.
- Ensure that training in service standards is taking place in each department using the steps to effective training according to PAH standards.
- Assist in creating a positive team-oriented environment which focuses on the guest, through employee development and motivation.
- Inspect rooms regularly (weekly at a minimum) with both the Housekeeping Manager and Property Engineer.
- Ensure complete processing of invoices daily by using the A/P process.
- Ensure that all appropriate information for financial documents is received by the Corporate Office monthly, in compliance with the monthly accounting calendar.
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of the physical property through inspections and preventive maintenance programs with department managers.
- Ensure that employees are at all times attentive, friendly, courteous and efficient in their interactions with guests, managers and all other employees.
- Forecast monthly the hotel's financial position, by estimating revenues and line-by-line expenses. Analyze previous and projected data to generate an accurate reforecast.
- Prepare and conduct all management interviews and follow hiring procedures according to PAH Management SOPs.
- Ensure that all managers are in compliance with the standards in their interviewing and hiring procedures for departmental staff.
- Interview all prospective final candidates for any vacant management position within the hotel prior to any offer being extended.
- Perform all Executive Committee members performance appraisals according to PAH Management’s SOPs, and ensure that managers are in compliance with the standards in their administration of performance appraisals to their staff.
- Motivate, coach, counsel and discipline all management personnel according to PAH Management’s SOPs and ensure that managers are in compliance with the standards in their administration of counseling and disciplinary steps.
- Perform any other duties as requested by the Vice President or Regional Director of Operations.
- Ensure that all employees receive fair and equitable treatment according to PAH Management’s SOP's.
- Meet clients on the property, including meeting contacts and potential clients touring the property, to assist in the sales effort.
- Be in the public areas during peak times, greeting guests and offering assistance as needed.
- Ensure procedures for handling of the hotel safe specifically with regard to security and monthly safe audits are followed and occur.
- Ensure monthly credit meetings are conducted and take an active role in the hotel credit and collection policies.
- Complete required corporate training modules, and become certified to train those as required.
- Ensure that all scheduled meetings take place on the property.
- At least 6 years progressive experience in a hotel or a related field; or a 4-year college degree and at least 4 to 5 years of related experience; or a 2-year college degree, and at least 5 to 6 years of related experience.
- Hyatt experience preferred
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Must have valid driver's license for the applicable state.
PAH Management is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V)
Role: General Manager
Apply for this job now.