What is the role?
You would be a key member of our IT Systems Engineering team responsible for providing the company with the highest standards in Systems and Data Center management. Your primary responsibility will be the design, installation, configuration, and maintenance of all company-wide computing infrastructure. You should possess the experience and qualifications to perform these core responsibilities:
- Maintain and optimize Linux (Red Hat) systems and on-premises ISCSI storage units across multiple data centers;
- Guide systems initiatives that focus on migrating on-premises system to cloud platforms, such as AWS and Azure;
- Work with top talent in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment where automation and technical craftsmanship are a top priority;
- Independently create designs of solutions or facilitate activities with a technical team to design solutions to complex business challenges;
- Operate across multiple projects simultaneously, and perform a variety of tasks from addressing production issues to designing new systems;
- Leverage commercial or custom solutions to maintain and optimize Promontory’s systems, storage, and application stacks;
- Operate a comprehensive backup and recovery plan using a combination of tools, scripts, and best practices;
- Support production environments during off-hours and weekends; candidate must be willing to provide 24/7 on-call support;
- Progress the automation of building systems using Continuous Delivery technologies, such as Ansible, Jenkins, and CloudFormation;
- Lead or participate in cross-functional IT projects that include work performed by development, database, network, application, and system engineers;
- Facilitate DevOps work by ensuring communication, collaboration, integration, and automation among the IT Operations and Development teams;
- Make critical support decisions to ensure system uptime and effectively manage incidents;
- Understand monitoring metrics and translate them to proactive issue resolution to avoid customer impact.
What qualifications are required?
You should possess the following experience, skills, and qualifications:
- 8 years of progressive hands-on experience in systems architecture, design, and operations
- A BS in computer science or equivalent experience
- Advanced knowledge of Red Hat Linux 6 and 7 operating systems
- Experienced with automation tools such as Ansible, Jenkins, Vagrant, and BitBucket
- Fully versed in administering:
- Dell EqualLogic SAN storage
- VMware hypervisor
- DNS and authentication services
- Systems-monitoring tools, such as Solarwinds and Splunk
- Satellite server management
- Advanced knowledge of shell scripting tools, such as Bash, Python, and PowerShell
- Experienced in automated backup tools, such as NetBackup, systems hardening and performance tuning
- Knowledgeable in cloud deployment and security
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Evidence of a strong foundation in data center operations with HA and 24x7 service levels
- Excellent organizational and planning skills with the ability to demonstrate mature, timely, and professional problem-solving abilities
- Must be customer-focused, self-directed, results/goal oriented, and demonstrate initiative
Headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, Promontory Interfinancial Network, LLC is the fastest growing financial network in the country. We provide profit-enhancing services to banks and other financial institutions nationwide. Many financial institutions seek to build customer relationships, bring in short- or long-term funding, reduce collateralization, and buy or sell assets. Promontory Network offers innovative services to help institutions meet these challenges.
We combine the attractive traits of a smaller company (e.g., a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment where “the sky’s the limit”) with the sought-after resources and funding of a much larger company—and add an open culture that’s filled with high energy, intellectual challenge, and lots of fun. We have been voted among the Best Places to Work by the Washington Business Journal and among the Top Workplaces by the Washington Post, and we ranked first in Best Places to Work in Fintech by American Banker.
Promontory Interfinancial Network, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, veteran status, disability, or sexual orientation in employment of the provision of services.
Role: Systems Engineer
Apply for this job now.