Syrah Technologies seeks a Mid-Level Maintenance Mechanic.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 1+ years experience working with rotating equipment preferred.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment medical assessment.
- Must have positive "can-do" attitude.
- Able to read and interpret mechanical drawings, and service manuals with ability to work with basic math.
- Ability to use a variety of hand tools, machine tools, and precision measuring instruments.
- Demonstrated ability to work safely and follow safety procedures and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to act in a self-directed manner with no immediate supervision.
- Basic computer literacy is desirable.
- Ability to work in a team environment and share information as required.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. multiple times daily unassisted, 75 lbs assisted, and push or pull 100 lbs. assisted; must be able to stand/walk for extended periods.
- Must be willing to work inside and outside as required.
The Mid-Level Rotating Equipment Mechanic’s role is to ensure all mechanical plant maintenance activities are undertaken in a safe and efficient manner in line with the approved schedule / strategy and to ensure all issues, hazards and incidents are reported to supervision in a timely manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following responsibilities do not represent the entire list and additional tasks will also be required:
- Comply with the Company’s Environmental & Social Monitoring Program and Health & Safety Management Plan requirements at all times.
- Report all hazards, incidents and near misses in line with Company policies and procedures.
- Continually monitor the plant environment to ensure the safety of yourself and other workers.
- Any other duties as reasonably directed by the Supervisor.
- Contribute to pre-start and toolbox sessions as required.
- Contribute to the development of SWI’s as required.
- Review SWI’s on a daily basis prior to undertaking a task and follow accordingly.
- Work with forklifts and similar equipment as required.
- Enter and work within confined spaces and work safely at heights as required.
- Report all maintenance issues to Shift Supervisor as soon as practicable to rectify in a timely manner.
- Actively pursue mechanic related training opportunities in line with defined rotating equipment mechanic competencies.
- Create and maintain a high standard of plant, workshop and site housekeeping.
- Troubleshoot, disassemble, inspect, repair and reassemble a variety of rotating equipment including centrifugal pumps, reciprocating pumps, diaphragm and metering pumps, gear reducers, blowers (both vacuum and pressure), mechanical seals, and related rotating other types of equipment.
- Proficient with assembly drawings and parts lists for mechanical equipment.
- Proficient with the use of dial micrometers, Veneer calipers, inside micrometers, precision scale and other precision measurement equipment that are used in mechanical equipment repairs.
- Able to read and interpret mechanical assembly drawings.
- Familiar with mechanical seals and their components and flush plans.
- Able to install tubing and compression fitting systems.
- Proficient with torqueing and understand the purpose for this practice.
- Ability to read and generate teardown/repair reports.
- Install equipment using manufacturer specifications ensuring proper alignment balance and tolerances.
- Read and understand an IOM manual and SDS sheets.
Australian graphite producer Syrah Technologies has selected a Vidalia, LA site for a $25 million graphite processing facility. The facility is the first of its kind outside China. It will process graphite from Syrah's Mozambique production operation into a component for lithium ion batteries, focused on the growing electric vehicle market. The raw materials will be shipped from Syrah's mine to the Port of New Orleans, then trucked to the Vidalia facility for processing
Role: Mid-Level Maintenance Mechanic
Apply for this job now.