Company: MGE UNDERGROUND, INC.
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
MGE is a utility infrastructure contractor serving investor-owned and public utilities throughout California from its headquarters in Paso Robles and satellite offices throughout the state. Our mission is to be the leading provider of innovative construction solutions for our clients, providing the best value in support of their growing utility and infrastructure requirements.
As the Field Engineer, you will be the primary field support for project management, working directly with the crews onsite. You may be required to travel on an as needed basis. This position is crucial to the overall success and smooth operations of the work we perform, and we'd like you to be a part of it!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain, update, and review redlines and as-built drawings
- Coordinate and layout work based off construction drawings
- Update project schedule
- Create T&M bills for extra work as required
- Coordinate, inventory, and track material delivery
- Pre-field/layout job site and call in USAs
- Create and update crew timecards daily
- Review and submit timecards weekly
- Update and submit unit quantities daily
- Create and update job diaries daily
- Create POs for vendor field orders
- Update MSE (material, sub, equipment) List daily
- Finalize and submit closeout documentation and requirements (pictures, punch list, etc.)
- Maintain, update and turn in project field files
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience
- Required: The ability to work weekends and overtime on an as needed basis
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to quickly learn and utilize HCSS Heavy Job Field Management Software
- Ability to work independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule
- Ability to use a computer/smart phone/tablet.
- Ability to understand, follow and transmit written and verbal instructions
- Must be able to pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen
- Reading comprehension and writing skills - understanding written sentences and communicate effectively in writing.
- Valid Class C Driver's License with a clean driving record
- Required: No experience required, we will train eager and motivated individuals
- Desired: 0-2 years of experience in a related field
Required: Successful candidates must pass the following pre-employment requirements prior to beginning employment: drug screen and background check. Background checks include, but are not limited to, Social Security Verification, Prior Employment Verification, Motor Vehicle Records, Personal and Professional References, Criminal History.
- Required: High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Desired:Bachelor's of Science Degree in Engineering or Construction disciplines
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Employee is frequently required to walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, and talk or hear. The employee is often required to stand and sit; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds individually or up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Employee may occasionally be required to drive a motor vehicle and travel to various project sites.
- Must be able to access and navigate job sites and construction areas.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
Affirmative Action/EEO Statement
MGE Underground, Inc., provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Powered by JazzHR