Title Officer - Long term temp to possible hire.
Search public records and examine documents to determine legal condition of vacation ownership properties in a high volume production environment. Perform quality control audits on title searches performed by others within the division. Copy, summarize and review documents for recordability which affect the condition of title to the property. Customer contact involves large vacation ownership developers and aligning processes with customer service level agreements. Vacation Ownership projects can vary by the developer and require thinking outside the box, meeting service level agreements, and managing large-scale projects.
- Significant time is spent performing quality control checks on title examinations. Review title evidence package, verify information against product requirements and adherence to service level agreements. Provides instructions for large-scale or unique title examination projects Identifies trends and recommends process improvements to management (approximately 40-50%)
- Performs title search and examination of a chain of title for a broad geographic region for vacation ownership properties.
- Search, exam and prepare Department of Real Estate reports
- Create base title reports and subsequently date downs upon request
- Abstract records, such as mortgages, liens, judgments, easements, vital statistics, and plat and map books to determine ownership and legal restrictions and to verify legal description of property and completeness of records
- Provides underwriting interpretation within established guidelines.
- Responds to a wide range of customer inquiries via phone or email contact.
- Identifies opportunities for best practice search methods.
Temp to Perm:
- 4+ years related experience
- Experience working with a developer, ownership associations, vacation ownership, title, or escrow preferred.
Search and title examination experience preferred. Familiarity with legal and mortgage real estate terms is helpful.
High School diploma or equivalent
Canon Recruiting Group, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Canon Recruiting Group, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Role: Title Officer
Location: Lake Mary,
Apply for this job now.