BASIC PURPOSE : Responsible for setting conference rooms with tables chairs and meeting sets according to the Banquet Event Order. Have knowledge of different types of room set ups (i.e.: classroom, chevron, u-shape etc.). Also attention to detail and cleaning of conference space. Flexible schedule requested but not required.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
1. Correctly and efficiently set up and break down all department functions.
2. Keep function room area and storage areas clean and neat at all times.
3. Return all equipment not in use to proper storage area in clean condition before the end of each shift.
4. Check electrical hook-ups for proper working order and tape down all exposed cords for equipment in use.
5. Service/freshen all meeting rooms during breaks.
6. Assist guests whenever possible, referring all requests which are beyond scope of responsibility
immediately to supervisor.
7. Perform periodic deep cleaning of banquet areas.
NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
Be familiar with the various types of workable setups for each function room.
Check temperature and see if all lights are working and adjusted properly.
Working knowledge of AV equipment, assist AV person/guest as needed.
Knowledge and Skills :
Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
Experience: Prior labor intensive work experience preferred.
Skills and Abilities: Ability to speak English. Ability to lift/push/carry 20-50 lbs.
Beautifully designed and refined, Hyatt Regency is a contemporary downtown Indianapolis hotel conveniently connected to the Convention Center and just steps from Lucas Oil Stadium. The modern amenities at our hotel blend effortlessly with classic design elements, creating a comfortable oasis in the heart of one of the Midwest’s most exciting cities with many exciting attractions nearby.
We offer competitive salary, medical, dental, and life insurance, short term and long term disability, 401(k), and travel benefits. Apply in person (no phone calls please):
Role: Banquet Set Up
Apply for this job now.