STS Technical Services is hiring Assemblers in Dallas, Texas.
STS Technical Services is actively seeking qualified candidates for an Assembler position in Dallas, TX. Our client is a leading manufacturer and supplier of sophisticated electronic products supporting both defense and commercial applications. This is a CONTRACT position that is available immediately.
- Position Assembler II
- Duration long term contract
- Shift 2nd
- Location Dallas, TX 75243 (Richardson)
Summary of Role:
- Responsible and accountable for producing quality work to prescribed standards, with a focus on continuous improvement to meet customer commitments on schedule and within budget
- Follows verbal and written work instructions
- Works under minimal supervision on duties and tasks that are frequently non-routine, adapting procedures, techniques, tools, materials and/or equipment to meet special needs
- May perform more detailed tasks requiring deeper knowledge and experience in the specified processes and procedures
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish assigned goals
- Able to effectively communicate with other functional departments, such as Engineering, Purchasing, Manufacturing, Engineering, Quality, and Sales departments
- Resolves most questions and problems, referring only the most complex issues to higher levels
- Serves as a resource to others in the resolution of complex problems and issues
- Be a self-starter and demonstrate good decision making ability
- Must maintain a safe work environment by adhering to all safety procedures including those which govern the handling of materials, chemicals, tools, and equipment
- Proper use of required PPE
- May periodically assist in orienting and training lower level employees
- May participate in LEAN Events, “Six S” activities, action teams etc.
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs advanced-level assembly functions, which may include: prep, mechanical , harness, cable, printed circuit board sub-assemblies, spray application, and inspection, typically working from models and/or drawings, within Production
- May perform soldering and installation of components to contract specifications, using a wide range of tools and equipment
- Interprets blueprints, Process Flow Instructions and other written or verbal instructions
- Responsible and accountable for producing quality work to prescribed standards, with a focus on continuous improvement to meet customer commitments on schedule, within budget and to SPC standard practices
- Must be trained across all assembly stages, work w/Engineering to build 1st articles by interpreting print/specification with no process provided and the ability to interpret/assemble all units in dept
- If required, perform all aspects of inspection: in-process, final and source; allocate partial points – 3 points in-process – 3 points final – 4 points source
- Other duties as assigned
- Education: High School Graduate or GED equivalent
- Experience: 3+ years of electrical, mechanical, and assemblies and sub-assemblies
- Soldering experience with thru hole and SMT components on printed circuit board
- Able to use lab equipment such as digital multimeter, oscilloscope, power supply etc
- Familiar with resistor color code is a plus
- Electrical and mechanical test experience with semiconductor
- Able to work in a team environment
- Basic Computer skills (WORD, Excel, Outlook)
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
Apply for this job now.