We're looking for a talented Senior Embedded Software Engineer
, with a proven track record of software development using C++ and/or Java in an embedded environment
, to work on cutting-edge embedded software projects, as a part of an agile team.How You'll Spend Your Time:
You will work in an agile environment reporting to a Group Lead or Project Manager and will have considerable exposure to our clients and other partners.
You'll be a key part of planning, design, development, debugging and integration of embedded software modules for cutting edge broadcast and internet TV receivers (set-top boxes).
You'll create new features while also supporting the C++ debugging team, which will be around a 60/40 split of your time.
Most importantly, your work will help deliver a much-needed service for society in lockdown – quick and easy access to some of the World’s best digital TV services.What You'll Need to Bring:
You'll Be Working with:
- Strong experience with C, C++ or Java in an embedded Linux or Android environment
- Strong debugging and problem-solving skills
- Experienced developing and debugging multithreaded and/or multi-process code
- Ability to understand complex issues and discuss them via phone, email and other methods
- Flexible, proactive, can-do approach
Experience with any of the following is useful, although not requiredObject Orientated programming in C++ or Java |
UML diagramming |
STL or frameworks such as Qt |
Embedded or mobile Java |
Linux kernel |
TDD and Unit Testing frameworks such as Google Test |
JUnit and similar |
Software development for consumer electronics or TV |
Audio, Video & TV standards |
Networking protocols and standards including TCP/IP | Wi-Fi |
HLS or MPEG-DASH |
Agile, Scrum methodologiesWhat we'll give you in return:
- A competitive salary which will grow with your career
- A twice-yearly company bonus scheme
- Opportunities to train, develop and grow, as well as learn from talented colleagues
- 25 days' holiday as standard, rising an extra day for every calendar year you stay with us (up to a maximum of 31 days)
- 5% matched contributory pension
- Access to Headspace meditation app
- Flexibility in your working hours and home office
- Free on-site parking, rail season ticket support, and a cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Relocation assistance for those moving to the area
Consult Red is a trusted partner to the digital media industry and beyond, driving innovation and delivering support through the entire product development journey.
We apply our cutting-edge experience in product development, hardware, embedded and cloud technology to help companies in all sectors to deliver connected devices and systems.
Over the last several years, we've grown from being an embedded specialist in the media sector to a provider working with companies in other industries such as Energy and Healthcare.
We've applied our cutting-edge experience and talent in product development, hardware, embedded and cloud technology to help customers deliver connected devices and systems.
We take good care of our engineers not only salary and benefits-wise but also when it comes to their place of service delivery.
Our teams work from fully equipped laboratories in Yorkshire in the UK, Wroclaw in Poland and Los Angeles, California.
And currently, having taken their equipment, office chairs and favourite coffee cups with them, our team members #stayathome
and work safely from there.Our Recruitment Process:
Once you submit your CV, we'll send you a short online form asking you to confirm a couple of things.
This will then go directly to the Hiring Manager review.
We'll often do a short first stage telephone interview