Responsible for common area, meeting spaces, kitchen, pool area, and hotel guestroom preventative maintenance and assists in the repairs and maintenance of hotel equipment including mechanical equipment such as pumps and motors.
This position will require working PM shifts (5 pm - 10 pm). Working weekends is required.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Look for maintenance projects throughout scheduled shifts and complete them without assistance when possible
- Comprehend the importance and follow usage instruction of all chemicals and materials
- Attend to and follow up on calls from housekeeping, the front desk and the corporate office
- Keep the swimming pool and Jacuzzi areas clean and free of debris
- Keep the hotel properties clean and free of debris
- Keep all maintenance areas organized and free of clutter
- Check boilers and circulating pumps daily to ensure they are working properly
- Check the chemicals in the swimming pool and Jacuzzis (chlorine, PH, alkaline)
- Clean swimming pool and Jacuzzi filters
- Drain and refill swimming pools and Jacuzzis as needed
- Shovel snow from hotel walkways and room decks
- Ensure the snow melt boiler is working properly
- Stock firewood and refill firewood stations at the Molly Gibson Lodge
- Water hotel flowerbeds and pots during the summer season as necessary
- Check and maintain the residence(s) (MGL) in accordance with Property Management agreements.
- Check sump pumps in the laundry room to ensure they are working properly
- Make sure the domestic water boilers are above 15 lbs. of pressure to ensure proper function
- Keep track of inventory of maintenance tools and supplies and inform department manager when supplies are low
- Replace all lights in hallways, stairs and sidewalks as needed
- Make sure all breakfast equipment is working properly
- Assist with deliveries and large orders when necessary
- Assist with in room amenities when necessary
- Keep a radio on hand and turned on at all times
- Work according to occupancy and hotel demands, which may include work evenings, holidays, and/or early mornings
- Ability to walk, stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel crouch or crawl; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; speak and hear; and is occasionally required to sit, taste or smell, lift, push and/or pull up to 75 pounds.
- Other tasks as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Prioritize tasks and manage time effectively
- Think critically to solve problems. Detail oriented
- Ability to produce a high level volume of work while maintaining consistent accuracy
- Effective oral and written communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to organize work, meet critical deadlines, and follow up on assignments with minimal direction
- Ability to prioritize when dealing with multiple outstanding tasks
- Problem solving and creative thinking
- Ability to use sound judgment in stressful situations
- Ability to learn and adapt practices to different occupational hazards
- Ability to work independently.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
- Ability to walk, stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel crouch or crawl; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; speak and hear; and is occasionally required to sit, taste or smell, lift, push and/or pull items up to 75 lbs.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or GED
- Maintenance experience preferred.
HayMax Hotels is the hotel management arm of HayMax Capital, LLC and operates four boutique hotels, two in Aspen, CO and two in Ketchum, ID. Their current portfolio includes the Hotel Aspen, the Molly Gibson Lodge, Hotel Ketchum and the Tamarack Lodge.
Role: Hotel Maintenance Technician
Apply for this job now.