Company: CORTHELL TRANSPORTATION
Job Type: Remote, FullTime
General Job Description: We are looking for an experienced permit technician to join our medium sized over the road trucking company. The work at our company is 100% oversized and overweight and we are looking for a crucial leg to our permit team. Permit work is much like a puzzle, gathering and sorting the pieces and making them all fit together on each load for efficient and safe delivery.
The person that will fill this position will be a motivated self-starter that can manage their time well and maintain a remote communication via phone, email, messaging app. Excellent computer technical skills will be very helpful for being successful at this position.
Understanding truck and trailer configurations is also a bonus. This position is responsible for ordering and receiving all permits for trucks as ordered.
- Permitting Prep for super-loads.
- Route planning and difficult load permitting
- Communicates with dispatcher on anticipating permit and needs for loads.
- Receiving dimensions
- Ordering Permits
- Receiving permits and ensuring accuracy
- Data Entry and cost tracking
- Communication with dispatcher & accounting teams as well as drivers
- Booking and tracking pilot cars
- 1-2 years oversize overweight permitting experience
- 2-5 yrs Administrative Experience
- 1-2 yrs Administrative Experience with a trucking company or permit service.
- Strong Administrative Skills
- Self Motivated
- Able to work remotely via computer, phone, email and messaging app.
- Read and understand maps and routing.
- Understand various truck and trailer configurations
- Adaptable to a faced paced environment
- Have booked and used pilot cars
- Problem solving skills
Salary and Benefits
- Pay: $28,000 - $42,000 Annually
- 2 Weeks PTO Annually
- Bonus Pay
Powered by JazzHR