Sameday Health's ethos is to grow faster than the virus. The innovative startup comprises a team of doctors, scientists and engineers who united to stop the pandemic and provide reliable healthcare services to all of the U.S. Since its founding only in September 2020, Sameday Health has become one of the leading COVID-19 testing providers and tests thousands of people every day at a rapidly growing number of locations across the country.
Sameday Health is paving the way for vaccine administration, at-home testing services and several exciting ventures on the horizon to change the narrative of healthcare in America. The Sameday Health HQ is located in Venice Beach, CA, with 40+ locations across the U.S. To learn more about Sameday Health visit samedayhealth.com.
What we're looking for
Sameday Health is looking for a motivated Clinical Lab Assistant to help fight the COVID-19 pandemic. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in a fast paced environment and thrives with adapting to change. Help us save lives by assisting our scientists in processing samples.
This position will begin as a part-time role with potential to convert to full-time. The hours consist of two shifts between 12pm EST - 12am EST.
- Under direct and constant supervision of a Laboratory Lead or Clinical Laboratory Scientists (CLS, the Clinical Laboratory Assistant is responsible for:
- Assisting the CLS' and Lab Technicians on the Lab Accessioning and Plating teams (as needed).
- Comply with the correct procedures and SOPs.
- Maintains a clean, organized and safe work environment.
- Assisting in PCR assay runs.
- Checking inventory and ordering supplies.
- Performing clerical duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
Our culture & perks
- Bachelors Degree in Biology, Microbiology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, or Medical Laboratory Science.
- Minimum of six months related laboratory experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Clinical laboratory experience required, including but not limited to customer service, specimen processing, and laboratory support in a hospital or reference laboratory setting.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer skills, such as word processing and laboratory information systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong understanding of good laboratory practices and regulatory compliance.
- Competitive market salaries and full employee medical benefits
- Autonomy to build something from the ground up
- A young, energized team fighting together to beat this virus
- An environment where feedback is welcomed and encouraged