The Denver office of Vicente Sederberg is hiring for a Paralegal to join the team! This position researches law, investigates facts, and prepares documents to assist firm Partners and Attorneys by performing a variety of administrative support duties.
Vicente Sederberg offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision and Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance coverages 100% paid for by Vicente Sederberg for all of our full-time employees. We also offer a 401k with 4% company match, paid time off, paid sick time, fitness membership reimbursement, paid parental leave and employee equity incentive plan!
Responsibilities of our Paralegal include but are not limited to:
- Provide expert paralegal and administrative support with minimal supervision; demonstrate exceptional organizational skills and handle various legal tasks with strong attention to detail.
- Prepare, edit, review, and organize legal records and documents, including contracts, leases, licenses, applications, appeals, real estate closing statements and relevant client information for attorney review.
- Prepare and file annual reports, EINs, and UCC financing statements, among others, in a variety of states.
- Conduct background checks.
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of templates and SOPs.
- Coordinate attorney schedules and activities.
- Ensure documentation is properly filed electronically and physically.
- Create and implement training for the administrative staff, including legal assistants and paralegals, with particular attention to Word proofing, editing and formatting.
- Occasional legal research using Westlaw and cite checking.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field preferred.
- 2-4 years of experience working as a Paralegal required.
- Paralegal Certification preferred.
- Exceptional organization skills, strong self-motivator with high attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Software, Internet, Adobe Acrobat.
- Experience with Net Docs, Clio, Lexis/Nexis, Westlaw and DocuSign preferred.
- Excellent time and deadline management skills in fast paced environment, able to juggle multiple projects and reprioritize quickly and efficiently.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization in a positive, collaborative manner.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including familiarity with common legal terminology.
- Ability to uphold highest standards of discretion and confidentiality and exercise good judgment on day-to-day decisions.
Qualified applicants please submit your resume and cover letter with salary requirements via ZipRecruiter!
Vicente Sederberg is the Marijuana Law Firm - Shaping the Laws, Connecting the Players and Building an Industry. The attorneys specialize in marijuana law and policy development and share expertise with all stakeholders in this new, ever-changing regulatory environment. They advise businesses in new opportunities, state applications, licenses, corporate formation & restructuring, employment contracts, mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, commercial real estate, dispute resolution, with a specialization in compliance. For businesses and individuals, they offer criminal, civil and administrative representation. The firm serves local, state, federal and foreign governments in drafting legislation and regulations.
Apply for this job now.