Site or Unit :
Guthrie House Care Home
12 Lasswade Road Edinburgh City of Edinburgh EH16 6RZ
Contracted Weekly Hours : 30
Guthrie House is in south-east Edinburgh. Here we offer different levels of care to suit a range of needs, from nursing, and short or respite stays, to palliative care. We have a team of well trained registered nurses and supportive and dedicated senior care assistants and care assistants which provides an excellent standard of care 24 hours a day. At Guthrie House Care Home, residents are considered part of the family. We put their health and happiness at the heart of everything we do, and our dedicated team of nurses and carers actively encourage residents to take part in all decisions - contributing to everything from the way their rooms look to the therapies they receive.
In your role as a Personal Activity Leader you will be responsible for the delivery of all activities within the care home by ensuring that all resident's are offered a varied and meaningful choice of activities throughout their stay. You will be part of the team that ensures that residents in our care feel valued as individuals.
So as a personal activity leader what do you need to do to make this happen?
- Provide stimulation and exercise to residents through a wide and varied activities programme.
- Assess the mental and physical needs of all residents regularly to ensure most appropriate activities are conducted.
- Liaise closely with residents, care staff and relatives to create personalised activities that will engage our residents and reflect their interests and hobbies.
- Encourage staff and relatives to become involved in any activities programmes.
- Develop community links with local groups, i.e. churches, schools and encourage a variety of events and activities to take place in the home.
- Work safely within company policies, seeking advice and guidance when necessary.
In order to be our Personal Activity Leader you should have:
A genuine interest in promoting independence and life style opportunities for older people, showing empathy and a desire to make a difference.
Will need to be confident and enthusiastic, providing motivation and energy into our caring environment.
Four Seasons Health Care provide a variety of competitive benefits, including a generous holiday allowance, a bespoke development programme, childcare vouchers and an employee discount scheme. Plus free parking and uniform where applicable.
If you have the skills to succeed in this role and are committed to the provision of quality care please click on Apply now.
Not ready to
Role: Personal Activity Leader
Apply for this job now.