The expertise of a highly analytical Senior BI Team Lead with strong business acumen is sought by a dynamic FinTech company to manage the BI Dev team as well as ensure data warehouse processes and information are in order to ensure the warehouse runs effectively. You will also develop and maintain existing ETL, conduct data analysis & work closely with Developers and business to execute their plans and coordinate activities. You must possess Grade 12 or equivalent & a relevant tertiary qualification, 5 years' Data Analytics/BI experience and be proficient in Word, Advanced Excel, PPT, Visual Studio, SQL Management Studio, MSSQL, SSIS, SSAS, Power BI & ETL and data analysis with focus on data integrity.
- Manage the BI Development team in order to ensure effective BI tools are developed for the business.
- Provide team with support and advice on various BI projects.
- Maintain awareness of the overall BI strategy and ensure it is implemented throughout the team.
- Monitor the development and maintenance of exiting ETL.
- Ensure data is transformed into the correct format for the warehouse and loaded into the warehouse accurately.
- Take ownership of the data warehouse and integrity of all information loaded into it.
- Review code of the team and identify errors and provide feedback to relevant parties.
- Manage the quality of code within the BI team.
- Conduct business analytics in order to monitor and improve business processes.
- Use data to support decision making and to identify market opportunities.
- Provide ongoing support where changes to solutions or fault-finding is necessary.
- Create accurate business requirements definitions.
- Design data warehouse flows and schemas based off analysis, including staging, fact, dimensions, and cubes and reporting models in the semantic layer.
- Define the business requirements and translate them into technical specifications.
- Ensure the business is provided with operational support and technical issues for BI processes are solved effectively.
- Perform a general management function for the BI development team.
- Conduct performance reviews and monthly KPI discussions with the BI development team.
- Set team objectives and monitor progress towards achieving them.
- Coach and mentor the BI Developer and BI Analyst Developers.
- Manage own professional and self-development.
- Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Related tertiary qualification.
- 5 Years Data Analytics or Business Intelligence experience.
- Experience within a data-centered role.
- Proficiency in software tools (Word, PPT, Advanced Excel, Visual Studio, SQL Management Studio, etc.) and technical agility.
- Relational Databases.
- Data Warehousing and Analytics.
- BI tools, concepts and architecture and decision support concepts.
- ETL and data analysis with focus on data integrity.
- BI Stack, including MSSQL, SSIS, SSAS, Power BI.
- Management / Supervisory experience.
- Verbal and written communication.
- Presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Business problem solving skills.
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.