Successful Grammar school seeking a Finance Manager [15 month contract] in High Wycombe | Will pay £50,000 salary per annum
fdu's Interim & Advisory Practice is working with a very successful Grammar school for boys. With approximately 1300 pupils, the school has high academic standards, excellent examination results with almost all boys progressing to University and a significant number obtaining places at Russell Group establishments. Additionally, the school offers a huge range of co-curricular experiences, the extent of which is unparalleled in the state sector.
What are the main responsibilities of the role?
- Manage and develop the existing Finance team to ensure it meets the present and future needs of the school, including income and expenditure.
- Preparation of annual financial plans, budgets, management accounts and statutory reports; ensuring these are accurate and again, support the needs of the school.
- Take the lead role on the forthcoming roll out of the new system (Sage Education).
- Ensure the schools payroll operates effectively and the school complies with appropriate statutory requirements.
- Be the primary point of contact for all financial matters for senior management and other key staff.
- To be proactive in identifying ways to improve the financial management of the school in terms of results, efficiency and controls.
What do I need to be successful?
- Be a qualified accountant with experience gained within the Education sector (state or independent).
- Demonstrate a great breadth of experience across all Finance sub-disciplines.
- Prove to be extremely systems literate and knowledge of 'Sage Education’ would be a distinct advantage.
- Have the ability to work in a strategic capacity whilst maintaining a day-to-day, hands on approach.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The successful Finance Manager will receive a salary of £50,000 per annum.
If you are interested in finding out more information regarding this Finance Manager role in High Wycombe and in the Education space for a 15 contract, then please apply now.
*The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check.*