My Client has become one of the world's leading online CFD and financial spread betting providers executing millions of retail customer trades annually across Europe, Asia Pacific and North America. Their success is founded on its ability to deliver a wide range of trading products to customers through its in-house developed proprietary trading platform vetechnology. They has pioneered the development of online trading in markets around the world to become a leading spread betting and CFD provider.
With over 200 dedicated technology staff including software developers, test analysts, technical business analysts, and support and infrastructure engineers. They invest heavily in its own infrastructure hosted within state-of-the art data centres in the UK.
Their "Next Generation" trading platform is developed in-house within a highly collaborative team environment. Technology staff enjoy interacting directly with business teams in a fast-moving and innovative environment.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Overseeing the ongoing architectural evolution of Web technology;
- Managing code quality and code merges and setting and maintaining coding and design standards;
- Build a high performing team through the recruitment and personal development, coaching and mentoring of the team of web developers;
- Managing web deliverables through the SDLC based on the prioritised marketing backlog;
- Providing development estimates based on specifications provided by marketing;
- This is a hands on role, and you will be expected to assist to a small extent with the development of new features.
- Maintain personal/professional development to meet the changing demands of the role, including all relevant regulatory and legislative training.
- When dealing with all customers, clients or colleagues ensure that we provide a clear, fair and consistent high quality service that presents a professional and positive image of CMC Markets.
- Take all reasonable steps to ensure appropriate confidentiality.
Key Skills And Experience:
- Significant recent experience of managing a team of Frontend and Backend web developers
- Experience of developing LAMP Content Management Systems and/or intranets is essential.
- Experience of MySQL
- Experience of Oracle is an advantage
- Comfortable with contributing to complex technical discussions.
- Recent practical hands-on development experience in a highly agile commercial environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to present new ideas and challenge existing processes where appropriate.
- Managing customer service standards and performance
- Developing people and teams
- Decision making
- Business acumen
- Resilience and drive
- Communication and stakeholder management
If you would like to apply for this position or would like any more information please email John Mullen on: #removed#(com) or call me on 0203 530 9019
Allegis Group Limited operates as an Employment Business and Employment Agency as set out in the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. It is a company within the Allegis Group network of companies (collectively referred to as "Allegis Group"). Aerotek, Aston Carter, EASi, Talentis Solutions, TEKsystems, Stamford Consultants and The Stamford Group are Allegis Group brands. If you apply, your personal data will be processed as described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice available at https://#removed#/en-gb/privacy-notices.
To access our Online Privacy Notice, which explains what information we may collect, use, share, and store about you, and describes your rights and choices about this, please go to https://#removed#/en-gb/privacy-notices.
We are part of a global network of companies and as a result, the personal data you provide will be shared within Allegis Group and transferred and processed outside the UK, Switzerland and European Economic Area subject to the protections described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice. We store personal data in the UK, EEA, Switzerland and the USA. If you would like to exercise your privacy rights, please visit the "Contacting Us" section of our Online Privacy Notice at https://#removed#/en-gb/privacy-notices for details on how to contact us. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity, such as a password and user ID if there is an account associated with your request, or identifying information such as your address or date of birth, before proceeding with your request. If you are resident in the UK, EEA or Switzerland, we will process any access request you make in accordance with our commitments under the UK Data Protection Act, EU-U.S. Privacy Shield or the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield.