Warehouse Manager Night Shift
Get Fresh Produce has been in business since 1982 providing fresh produce and other products to restaurants and other end users in the Chicago area. Due to continued growth we are currently accepting applications for Warehouse Manager Night Shift to oversee warehouse team operations in our 100,000 square foot warehouse in Bartlett, IL Enjoy competitive pay, full benefits, and a stable work environment with a growing company. This is a salary exempt position.
Preferred candidates for Warehouse Manager Night Shift will have high-level management experience in a high-volume warehouse operations environment. Candidate should have proven ability to effectively mentor, coach and train Operations Supervisors and warehouse associates. Experience with fresh produce and/or food-grade products highly preferred. The Warehouse Manager Night Shift will spend least 75% of time on floor directing warehouse associate activities.
Work schedule for the Warehouse Manager Night Shift is typically 7pm/8pm-3am/4am or until work is completed. Work Sunday-Friday night, 5 days per week; Weekends and Holidays included.
Responsibilities of the Warehouse Manager Night Shift
- Use of Warehouse Management Systems and experience with Inventory Management
- Meet productivity goals given by management; provide on-going coaching to warehouse associates to ensure goals are met.
- Participate in hiring, discipline, and continuous training
- Familiar with food-safety procedures and apply continuous process improvement techniques.
- Work closely with Executive Management to meet company's overall goals and objectives
- Responsible for warehouse payroll to budget.
- Develop future budgets based on customer forecast as well as develop and substantiate capital request to continue and/or improve operations.
- Communication to internal contacts regarding warehouse processes which impact customers and transportation
- Establish and implement warehouse operations policies
- Recommend more efficient methods to reduce the overall cost of operations
- Create and implement process to reduce costs and increase efficiencies
- Responsible for the development and training Warehouse Supervisor(s) and Lead(s)
- Ensures warehouse is in compliance with all state and federal laws. (i.e. OSHA)
- Ensure all food safety compliance
- Train/coach/certify warehouse Supervisors and associates on warehouse equipment
Requirements of the Warehouse Manager Night Shift
- Experience managing overall operations in a warehouse facility
- Ability to effectively coach, motivate, and increase productivity of a warehouse team
- Fresh produce experience strongly preferred
- Proficient with Outlook email, Exel spreadsheets, analyzing metrics, KPI's, etc.
- Legally able to work in US
- Must be able to read, speak, write, and understand English
- Must pass pre-hire drug screen and physical
PHYSICAL ABILITIES commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands to grasp, manipulate or feel objects.
• The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 65 pounds.
Compensation for the Warehouse Manager Night Shift
Salary for this position is based on experience; this is a salaried, exempt position.
Full benefits after 60-day probationary period: medical, dental, life, 401K, paid Holidays and Vacations.
- Eligible for benefits 1st of the month following 60 days
- This includes medical, dental, voluntary life, and vision
- 401K after 1 year
- Paid holidays after probationary / orientation period
Please reply with copy of your resume or apply in person:
Get Fresh Produce
1441 Brewster Creek Blvd
Bartlett, IL 60103
Get Fresh Produce Inc. started out in 1982 as a retail produce store in Chicago, specializing in premium fresh fruit, vegetables and dairy.
Today, we are still a privately held company owned by Gino Alimondi. We are staffed by an amazing crew of sales, customer service, procurement and operations pros. Each Get Fresh Team Member brings loads of industry related experience and complimentary skills to the table-pun definitely intended.
Role: Warehouse Manager Night Shift
Apply for this job now.